DESPERATE CONCERNS

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
‭‭John‬ ‭16:33‬

‬‬ "Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good."
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:21‬

As the journey nears I approached a hotel, several miles from state lines after getting gas and cigar leafs. Instead of purchasing a room, as normal, I remained parked in the corner of the parking lot near shrubs and a flowerbed. Facing three blunts, I was immensely hungry; insinuating my fast throughout the week. Obsessing over failed opportunities until deciding to eat. Across the street was a 24hr diner, commonly seen in my hometown and other nearby eateries. Walking through the shrubs and jumping flowerbed, I'm now crossing the sidewalk and street with extreme cottonmouth. Seated in a booth behind a guy with dreads and a light skinned chick, dreaded guy occasionally looked my direction, as I use my phone awaiting service. Momentarily I heard a dinging, it was the dreaded guy tapping his cup on the table for my attention. When I looked up he waved his hand , signaling me to the table. Approaching their booth, he said "Bro you smell like straight gas bro bro! You got some for sell?" I'm like "Yeah, depends on how much you need;I'm actually tryna cop some for real for real". He said "Aye aye mane, say mane I'll buy whatever you got just look for me. Shit smelled too good right now playa, I gon lie." I said "word I got you bro, on my momma let me eat right fast bro I dun came a long way", then he was like "True shit true shit, you from out west ain't you bro bro? We from out west too, ayo sit with us right fast bro!". I sat down beside the light chick across from him, and we all exchanged names then gradually the light chick kept scooting closer to me. Dreaded guy pulled his shades slightly down, looking at the chick then me. He proceeded with "You gotta girl bro bro?" I lied at first with "yeah yo I got one" then said "Hell na man, I don't deal with all that playa" , smiling he was then like "What you know about 'the ism'?" I said "I'm familiar with it, but I ain't buyin no pussy bro". Laughing as a response he followed with "Bro bro she like you bro, her face lit up soon as you walked in. As a matter of fact fam she kept asking me could you sit with us". Looking at the light chick, embarrassingly she smiled with her shades on, and started eating again. Noticeably my phone began ringing, I said "Ima holla at y'all ina bit, ima go back to my spot and get my phone". Reaching back to my seat, I flipped my facing down phone and it was my mother calling. Once my phone completed it's rings, I blocked the number and receiving messages from "family". Asking why I left without saying bye, all the needed closure was disposing what's left of my past. Presently, I experienced a plethora of unappreciative encounters; leaving me with a beef against selective loved ones. To the grave, I'll no longer associate with those people; self sabotage is their tradition.