010 ▸ MAX MAYFIELD | Best summer ever

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

"This is gonna be the best summer ever!" Lucas pumped his fist into the air.

He let out a whoop and cannon-balled into the pool, screaming as he went.

"Oh god," Will covered his eyes. "He's going to kill himself."

"Ah, don't worry, Will the wise," Mike set a hand on the shorter boy's shoulder. "He's fine."

You peered over the edge, into the pool. "It looks pretty deep."

You hated deep water. It was pretty much an irrational fear. There was nothing that was going to get you in that water.

You looked over at your girlfriend, Maxine. She was looking hot as ever, with her long red hair in a messy bun and her freckles sprinkled across her sun kissed face. She wore a red bikini, a good look on her, you had to admit.

You look back at the water. It was dark blue, intimidating.

The party was situated in the backyard of Kimmy Taylor, Robin's super cool (and rich) girlfriend. She absolutely loved the 'children' when Robin introduced them, and because Kimmy would be working, she had generously offered her pool to the kids for the summer.

It was pretty awesome, except for the fact that you were scared silly of deep water.

"Hey, El!" Dustin called out, running over to pick up the brunette girl, "let's get in the water!"

He ran over to the edge of the pool, Eleven shrieking, pretending to be terrified although anyone could tell she wasn't really, and jumped.

The two made a huge splash when they entered the water, and you shielded your face, although the rest of your body got soaked.

They came up laughing, and smiling.

You grinned too, as their smiles were the most contagious ever, and watched as Will and Mike jumped in as well.

Lucas, already in the water, came up from behind the two boys and started splashing them.

Everyone in the water started hurling water at the others, and it was actually pretty funny for you to watch.

"Hey love," a voice said in your ear, and you felt soft arms wrap around your middle.

You blushed, and turned to look at your favorite girl. She rested her head on your shoulder, blue eyes smiling up at you.

"We should get in."

"Wha-?" You said, not really hearing what she had said. Her beautiful face was too distracting.

"I said," she crinkled up her nose, "we should get in."

You paled slightly as you realized what she was talking about.

"Uh, no. I- I can't," you looked away, breaking eye contact.

"Aw why not love?" She whined, placing her cold hand on your jaw and turning your head back to face her.