« 39 » LEXI HOWARD | 11 blocks

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

There's a saying that goes around when dating in a small town: "You gotta move or move on."

And when you're still in high school, well the move part is practically impossible. The latter? Even more impossible.

You can walk around town and just spot them. Everything the two of you did together will be around every corner. That's what you learned the hard way.

You and Lexi broke up three months ago and in a town like East Highland, people move on fast, everyone was expecting you to. But, you just couldn't.

The smell of coffee invaded your senses as you stepped inside the local coffee shop. Your eyes lingered on the booth in the back corner of the shop. It still felt weird being here.

It was the spot you've been going to all your life, even before Lexi, but it still feels weird after all this time.

"One iced vanilla latte," You gave the barista your order. Lexi opened her mouth from next to you to give her order, but before a word could come out of her mouth you continued, "And one iced caramel macchiato with a vanilla scone please."

"You remember my coffee order?" Lexi asked as you handed the barista your card.

You shrugged with a soft smile on your face, "Of course I do."

You led her to the empty booth in the back corner of the shop after grabbing your coffees. She sat across from you with a soft smile on her face, "Y/N?" She asked and you just hummed in response, "Is this a date?"

"I mean, it can be if you want it to," You told her, before reaching for her hand across the table and intertwining your fingers together, "And I really hope you want it to because I really like you."

"Then it's a date." She smiled widely at you.

"Hey Y/N!" Your usual barista greeted you, snapping you out of your trance.

"Hi."

"The usual?" She asked and you just nodded. You watched as she typed in your order, the word caramel macchiato flashed onto the screen, before she quickly deleted it off, "I uh I'm sorry about that. It's just muscle memory at this point."

You shook your head, shooting her a tight lipped smile, "Don't worry about it, it's fine."

She cleared her throat awkwardly as you scratched the tip of your nose, "That'll be four dollars."