(32!) 🍡 MIGUEL DIAZ | Baby fever

☾︎✰❛❀❜

☾︎✰❛❀❜

You didn't know when it all started, but Miguel knew exactly when he realized you had a baby fever - and he was savoring every second of seeing you cooing and babbling to all the babies you saw on the street, or to the pictures you had saved in a secret folder on your phone.

The first time Miguel noticed was when Carmen asked her son to bring the lunch she had forgotten on the kitchen counter, and you took the opportunity to go along with your boyfriend, especially when he needed a ride, and after a few minutes of trying to find the place the receptionist had indicated, you both ended up in the neonatal ward of the huge hospital and Miguel could swear he had never seen your eyes shine so brightly as when you were staring at the newborns resting in their acrylic cribs.

"Aren't they cute?" Carmen made her presence known in the hallway, and you turned to your mother-in-law with a radiant smile on your face.

"I wish I could take them all home with me, their cheeks are so squeezable," you sheepishly admitted, returning your gaze to all the babies. "Or at least spend all day holding them."

"I feel it too when I'm working in the neonatal or pediatric ward," Carmen conceded with a smile, but soon her face turned serious as she looked at her son. "But remember children are adorable, but they require a lot of love, time, money and mature parents so don't get any ideas now."

"Mom!" Miguel scolded his mother with his cheeks turning a vicious shade of red.

"What?!" Carmen asked. "I love being your mother and I wouldn't change it for the world, but I'm well aware of the responsibilities of being a young parent so it's my duty to warn both of you."

You didn't know it was possible, but Miguel blushed even harder with his mother's words, so you took it upon yourself to reassure her, "Don't worry, Mrs. Diaz, Miguel and I have already talked about it and decided to wait so there's no chance of a grandchild so soon."

"You are such a responsible child," Carmen smiled satisfied as she took the thermal bag with her lunch from her son's hands, leaving a kiss on his forehead. "I will love my grandson anytime he comes, but be wise and wait."

After that embarrassing moment that made Hawk burst out laughing when he found out, Miguel started to keep an eye on your actions and the second time the baby fever hit you was when you were at the beach with your friends and your mind completely disconnected from the volleyball game to watch the toddler who was clumsily running through the wet sand, almost tripping over his own feet, and your inattention resulted in a ball hitting your head and your boyfriend running to help you - yet, when you regained consciousness the first thing you talked about was how cute that little boy was, which made Demetri snort that maybe he was going to become an uncle soon.

The third time was when you were on a date night at Golf N' Stuff, eating French fries dipped in milkshake and talking about nothing, you were in the middle of a story about when you got lost at Disney World for two whole days, but your eyes focused on a young couple who was sitting with a six-month-old baby on their lap.