« 46 » JUSTIN FOLEY | Ocean eyes

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ

ᗩ/ᑎ ᑭ.O.ᐯ

"Jesus Justy, you're such a lightweight, aren't you? Do I have to take care of your dumb ass all night?"

You looked over at your boyfriend of a few months, cheeks pink, mouth pulled back into an amused grin.

"Shut the fuck up. I am not a lightweight. Besides, look who's talking. Remember Bryce's party a few weeks ago? We hadn't even been there for like 2 hours and your pretty little ass was passed out on the couch."

You and Justin walked up the narrow stairs that led into the attic, hand in hand. It had been his idea to buy some beer, to smoke some weed and you had been on board with the plan.

You had snuck Justin into your room and the both of you had spent the better part of the afternoon drinking the nasty beer, beer provided by Bryce Walker, having chugging competitions to see who could drink the most and fastest.

Now, you and the handsome high school athlete found yourselves making your way up to the attic that led to the roof.

"Oh shut up! I was not drunk! That was you." You laughed, your bright eyes glimmering like two twinkling stars in the night sky.

The two of you had worked your way into the attic, shimmied through the window and found yourselves on the roof of your house.

You had chosen a comfortable, as comfortable as it could be for the roof, spot and took a seat, patting the spot beside you for Justin to sit down. The chocolate haired teenager did as instructed and sat beside you, your arms touching.

He'd since abandoned his fashionable blue and white letterman jacket, the garment laying stagnant on your bed.

A warm evening consumed Evergreen County. The sky was full of vibrant colors such as orange, red and yellow which were slowly being rotted away into a sea of black. You could see the moon just barely beginning to peak out in the sky.

It was beginning to look like a beautiful night. Warm and crisp and breezy. Quite frankly, you were a little tipsy. You and Justin. You weren't stumbling or anything, but it was enough to leave you feeling free and good. You felt good.

Justin held the joint up to his lips and fished a lighter out from his pocket. He hovered the flame by the tip until it began to smolder nicely.

He inhaled deeply, held it for a few seconds and then removed the joint from his move. Blue eyes as bright as the ocean on a sunny day watched the plumes of white smoke dissipate into thin air, dancing like ink in water until they simply vanished.

He handed the joint over to you and then laid back against the roof, staring up at the sky.

"Mhm. Whatever helps you sleep better at night, babe." Justin smoke, a peaceful smile on his face.

The truth was; this was the most peaceful that he'd felt in quite a few days. Being away from home, being away from that toxic environment that sucked the life and energy out of him.