Chapter 45

Sam, Dean, Nova were investigating case of that was related to a Demon, Sam and Dean exorcised years ago but somehow it was back.

They got Intel that a lady, Majorie, was on the demons list. She was a librarian so Sam and Nova decided to go to keep an eye on her.

"You know this brings back memories." Nova smiled at Sam when they were sitting at a table.

"Is that so?" He smiled at her.

"Mhm." She nodded, "When we were back in college, studying at the library."

He smiled at her "Ah yes, we did do a lot of that together."

"Among other things." She smirks as she bumps her shoulder against his. Not long after she noticed he kept moving around in his seat, "You got ants in your pants or something?"

"Huh?" He clears his throat, "Oh uhm it's nothing."

"Okay." She raised an eyebrow and went back to the book she was reading.

All of a sudden she noticed Sam flinch and look around with a glare in his facial expression then all of a sudden he squints his eyes shut and presses a thumb to his palm.

She places her hand on his upper back and whispered, "Baby, you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." He gave her a small smile but part of her didn't believe him because of the way he was acting.

She then noticed a guy who looked like on a Mission going towards the way Marjorie went so they followed. Turned out he just went to her so they could make out.

"Sam look." She points to the coroner's report, "The Vic's all had traces of tranquilizers in their systems."

Sam tried calling all of Dean's phones but had no luck.

"If this is truly a demon than why is he using tranquilizer to down them?"

"Shut up."

"Excuse me? Why are you telling me to shut up, I'm just trying to help."

"Sorry, didn't mean that but we've got to go." He gathers the file and stands up. "Dean might be in Trouble."

They then left the library. They decided to try Jeffery's apartment for clues. As they were heading there Nova intertwined her fingers with his.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm fine, why do keep asking me that? Stop asking me if I'm fine all the time!" He snapped at her.

She just looks at him then turns her head so he wouldn't see the tears in her eyes as she pulled her hand from his "Geez sorry for caring about you." She quickly wiped away the tears that rolled down her cheeks.

He sighed, grabbed her hand and kissed the back of it, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm just worried if Dean is okay like you're worried about me."

At the apartment Sam found a box in a drawer that had a paper with a spell on it in Latin.

"I've never seen this spell before... demon summoning, why? What do you mean?"

"Sam I didn't say anything. " She looked at him confused.

He looks at her, "Oh right, I know that. " He shook his head and looked back at the paper, "I know this handwriting." He realized it was a lady named Nora, who was a wiccan so they went to her office.

They learned it was in fact Jeffery behind it and that he wanted to bring back the demon that once had possessed him. To make it fully work he would need Dean's blood since he was the one who exorcised the demon in the first place.

Nora told Sam that Jeffrey had her son, who would promise to release him once he got the right spell but never did, he still kept him hostage.

After Nora used a tracking spell to find where Jeffery was keeping Nora's son and Dean they all rushed to the warehouse where everything was going to happen. Nova thought about staying in the car but decided against it in case her help was needed.

Sam tried attacking the demon, who was in Nora's sons body but the demon sent Sam across the room.

"Sam! " She rushed over to him and helped him up.

The demon rushed over but quickly got trapped inside a devils trap that was on the ceiling. Nora then stepped up beside them as Dean also joined their side since he got himself loose. All of a sudden Jeffery started to come towards them but Dean shot him a few times so he wouldn't attack them again.

Nora then started Chanting a spell to exorcise the demon out of her son, "
Exorcizamus te omnis immundus spiritus..."

She kept going as the demon told them, "He'll be back you know. Back in black."

"Go to hell." Nova groaned.

"Omnis congregatio et secta diabolica egro Draco makedicte ecclesaim tuam secura tibi facias libertate servire te rogamus audi nos!" They could see him struggling as she was Chanting the spell.

All of a sudden he fell to his knees and a black spoke came rolling out of his mouth towards the ceiling. Nora's son was back to himself so she rushed over to him. They got them to where they needed to go then Sam, Dean and Nova went back to the motel.

"Oh God. " Dean groaned as he collapsed onto the bed.

"So Jeffery was just pretending to be the victim. Way Back at that farmhouse. He was acting."

"Well that's some good acting." Nova sighs as she took her shoes off.

"He's a psychopath, that's what they do, is act. Act like they're normal, act like they're balls to the wall crazy."

"You going to sleep?"

"Damn straight. Screw consciousness, that's what I say."

"I think you both deserve it." Nova shrugs as she rubbed her hand over Dean's head.

"Exactly." Dean grumbled.

Nova grabbed herself a drink then noticed Sam staring off into space with a weird facial expression as he was pushing his thumb against his palm. She wanted to say something but decided not to afraid he would snap at her again and she didn't want them to wake Dean up.