Part 7: Tears

2 months had now passed, and the couple had fully moved into Bricks house. Jo and brick worked at the same old jobs they had for years, and they were happy. But one afternoon on Thursday when Brick came home from work, he heard crying from the living room.

"Jo?" Brick asked.

"W-what?" Jo said, sobbing.

"What's going on?" Brick asked walking towards the living room.

"I don't know" tears began running down Jo's face, and she began crying harder.

Brick walked over to Jo and sat next to her, hugging her tightly. He kissed her cheek and stroked her hair slowly. Jo buried her face into Brick's shirt as she cried, and she wrapped her arms around Brick's waist.

"Do you want to talk, Jo?"

"I just want to sit with you," Jo said, still crying

Brick moved Jo over to his lap, and he began stroking Jo's arms with his hands. Jo just sat with him while trying to comprehend what had happened to her.

Jo's boss has been really mean to her the past week, and when Jo told her boss that she had a boyfriend, she said some mean things about him. Even when Brick picked Jo up from work last week for a romantic dinner at a fancy Chinese restaurant, Jo's boss called his car "a load of s*it" and she said that he was "too tall to be handsome" and also said that "Jo has a terrible taste in men" which really hurt Jo. NOBODY was ever allowed to hurt Brick because he was her treasure and her beloved boyfriend. 

Jo hated how her boss acted, and after finally realizing just how bad her boss was and how suppressed her emotions have been for years, Jo had finally let it out. She finally felt free and she finally had someone to talk to, but even still, she didn't wanna say anything to brick.

"Do you just wanna cuddle for a bit?" Brick said, trying to comfort Jo.

"That would be nice," Jo said, still crying a bit.

Jo and brick were now fully on the couch, and Jo was cuddled up to Brick. Brick gave Jo a kiss on the lips, and Jo returned the favor.

"I think I'm ready to tell you what happened," Jo said to Brick.

"I'm listening."

"Brick, it's my boss. Jenna has been really hard on me, and she's been yelling at me for no reason at all lately, I hate my job and I wanna quit," Jo said, sniffling but not crying as much. "She also said some really mean things about you when I told her we were dating. She told me that she found you to be her least favorite TD contestant, and she found it repulsive that I would pick you of all people to date."

"I am so sorry your boss hurt you, Jo. Your boss is a scumbag," Brick said, comforting Jo.

Brick kissed Jo on the cheek, and she kissed him back.

"I know, but what can I do?"

 "I can help you write an email asking to be transferred to a different branch of your company, but first, how can I make you feel better right now?"

"Um..."

"Do you wanna make out? That always seems to work", Brick asked, trying to cheer Jo up.

"Sure," Jo said, not really crying anymore.

Brick carried Jo to their bedroom, and they both took off their shirts and got into bed.

Jo was on top of brick with her arms on either side of him. She pressed her mouth against his, and the make-out session began.

"Mmmm" 

"Did I ever tell you just how sexy your body is?"

"Yes, Jo" Brick teased. "Do you wanna see more of it?"

"Yes"

"Well, I'm up for anything," Brick said, trying to sound sexy.

"How about we just keep on making out, but without pants on. I don't really feel like doing anything sexual right now." Jo said back.

"That's fine!" Brick replied.

Jo and brick took off their pants, and then they got back in bed together.

"So shall we continue?", brick said in a sexy voice.

"Sure!"

Jo soon moved over to kissing bricks neck, and then she moved back to Brick's lips.

After 40 minutes of making out, they put their shirts and pants back on, and Brick helped Jo write her email, and she sent it to HR.

"Brick? Can we order Indian food? I'm hungry"

"Well... don't forget to ask for extra butter chicken. That's my favorite" Brick said, feeling hungry just like Jo.

"I will," Jo whispered as she gave Brick a quick hug.

When the food arrived, Jo put the rice onto 2 plates, and then she poured the 4 Indian dishes into 4 separate bowls. Then, Brick grabbed 2 spoons and napkins from the kitchen cabinet, and he brought the plates and food into the dining room, and the two enjoyed their dinner.

"Jo?"

"Yeah?" Jo asked, her mouth full of Tandoori Chicken.

"You should check and see if you got a reply back from HR about your email," Brick asked, excitedly, before taking another bite of his Laddu.

Jo walked over to the living room to grab her phone, and then she sat back down in her seat and went to her email. When she read the email, she had a big smile on her face.

Jo read the reply again and happily announced the news out loud.

"Brick, I will have a new boss! And I don't need to change desks and go through the intro process with a new ream! 

According to the email, Jo's boss had been transferred to a different branch of the tech company Jo worked at, and HR would hire someone new to replace her. Also, Jo and the 6 other employees under Jenna would have a small say in who got hired, so Jo could make sure she liked her new boss. Finally, Jo could have a boss who didn't have a short temper, a loud voice, zero tolerance for mistakes attitude, and a whistle that she'd use if you typed too loud during meetings.

That next day when Jo was getting ready for work, she wasn't nervous getting on the subway, sweating when scanning her keycard at the front desk, quiet the whole time at her desk and worried about the sound she'd make if she drank tea and ate an apple at her desk.

But most importantly, she knew that Brick always had her back.