part 26: Ambulance ride

It was a week later, and Jo and brick decided to go to an art museum on Saturday. Jo had paid for their tickets online, and after driving there and walking up to the entrance, Jo scanned their tickets from, her phone. 

"So 2 adult tickets?" The ticket lady said, with an upbeat voice, "While you are here, I recommend checking our new exhibit honoring Asian artists."

"We totally will!" Brick said, excited to be here.

After Jo and Brick had their tickets printed out, they put them in Jo's purse and walked into the first exhibit. It was titled "Celebrating the art of Japan" and it featured a lot of pottery and calligraphy. Jo loved it so much that she even bought a tee shirt with one of the calligraphy drawings printed on the front.  After buying the shirt, Jo and Brick went back into the museum and kept browsing the artwork. 

"This painting is so pretty!" Brick said to jo, amazed by the artist's work.

Jo was very amazed by the artwork, "I know! The way they painted the bamboo, and the detail in the panda's face is just so eye-catching." 

After they finished this exhibit, Jo and Brick went over to the "Korean fashion" exhibit, which showed a lot of Korean clothing, and again, they loved it. Then, Jo and Brick stopped at the Cafe for lunch.

"I'm gonna order avocado toast with salmon and Sunnyside eggs on top. What do you wanna get?" Jo asked Brick.

"I'm gonna get the baked potato with a garden salad as my side dish."

Jo handed brick the bag with her tee shirt in it, and she said, "Ok! You get us a seat and I'll pay."

After the pair finished eating, Jo got up to grab some napkins, and Brick fell out of his chair.

"Jo?" Brick said, clutching his leg and in pain. He soon began crying.

Jo rushed over to brick, and she saw him on the floor clutching his leg. Jo was scared. What had happened to Brick? Suddenly, a museum staff worker came over to them and suggested Jo call 911. 

"Hello. What is your emergency?" The operator said on the phone.

Jo was upset and scared, "M-my husband fell off his chair and he is on the floor in a lot of pain. He cannot stand up, and he won't let go of his leg. He's also crying. IDK what happened to him and I'm really worried!"

"What is your address?"

"I'm at the Canadian Art Museum right now, and we are in the cafe on floor 4," Jo said, really worried about Brick.

"We have someone on the way. Try to stay calm. Your husband is in good hands." The operator said before hanging up.

After 10 minutes had passed, 2 EMTs arrived at the scene. They lifted Brick onto a stretcher and wheeled him into their ambulance. Jo came with them.

"So, what seems to be the problem?" One of the EMTs asked.

"Well, I fell down, and I severely injured my leg. I don't know how, but my left and right leg are seriously hurt. Also, the chairs are bar height since we chose to have bar seating, and so I fell from a big height. Also, part of the chair landed on my right leg." Brick said in-between sobs.

"Well, I'm gonna give you some pain meds and take a look at your leg. Ok?" The other EMT said to Brick calmly.

"Ok"

"Will Brick be ok?" Jo said, worried about her husband.

"Of course, he will be fine. The major injuries only happened to his feet and legs, so no major organs were hurt. And while he does have some cuts and bruises on his arms, chest, and face, nothing serious happened there. I'm assuming he may need a cast to help heal some broken bones, and he might be in the hospital for a bit, but that's most likely all", the EMT said in response.