part 31: New York

Jo and Brick were waiting for a taxi at JFK Airport in New York. Brick was seated next to jo on a bench when a taxi arrived.

"Where am I dropping you at?" An older British lady asked from inside the car.

"We are going to the Hyatt inn. Here is the location" Jo replied, showing the lady her phone.

"How lovely! What a wonderful place!" The driver said excitedly.

Jo was so happy to be here, and so she opened the door for Brick and thr two got into the car. Once they were in, Jo went to take lots of photos during the drive, and Brick just sat and listened to the music playing.

"What random station is this?" Brick asked the driver.

"Classic vinyl on serious XM", she said, "I hate ads so I pay for ad free radio."

"Nice!" Brick replied.

Once Jo and Brick arrived, they took their backpacks, and suitcase out of the car, and they checked into the hotel.

"So that'll be room 302 on floor 7" a short Latino lady said from behind the desk.

Once Jo and Brick had gotten to their room, they got into bed and talked.

Brick was excited to be here, and he had lots to say already "I loved that man's blue hair! It was so cool! And his green bandana really tied the whole look together quite well."

Jo was tired from the flight, but she didnt wanna sleep, "Are you talking about the room servace guy who was in the elevator with us?"

"Yeah. His buzz cut was also cool. I feel like he could be even cooler if he got a piercing." Brick replied.

After 30 minutes of resting, Jo unpacked their stuff while Brick left the hotel to get a pretzel from the nearby food cart. Once he was back, he sat on the bed.

Brick loved the food, "You should try this. It's really good."

"It smells good," Jo said, before ripping off a small piece of the snack for herself.

Once they finished eating, the pair decided to visit Christopher Street. They both took some selfies in front of the Stonewall inn, and then walked around for a bit.

"That famous gay bar was so cool!" Jo said to brick, happy to have seen it.

Brick also enjoyed it, "Wanna go back and get a drink?"

"Um... maybe later in the week. I'm kinda tired." Jo said, yawning.

Jo and Brick then walked to the subway, and they got on the 1 train to get to the hotel.

"That was so fun!" Jo gushed.

Brick also had a blast, "I wish we stayed longer than 40 minutes. I loved the village!" 

Once they got back to their room, Jo turned on the TV and watched sports while Brick took a shower. After an hour passed, Jo and brick were hungry again, and it was already 6 pm.

"Wanna get dinner?" Brick asked Jo.

"Sure! I'll look for a good gyro place."

Once Jo and Brick arrived at the restaurant, they exited the cab and ordered their food.

Today was a good day, and Jo and Brick were having the time of their lives.