Part 20: Jo's proposal

2 weeks later Brick was at a friend's house to hang out on Saturday. He was talking to his friend Allen.

"Hey, Allen? How did you propose to your wife Wendy?"

'Well, I bought her a ring and asked her to marry me at the gift shop for our local art museum, but you can pick any spot that Jo will like to propose." Allen said back.

"Ok thanks!" Brick said, taking notes on his phone.

"Lunch is ready!" Wendy said from the kitchen of the house.

"What did you make?" Allen asked Wendy.

"I made lunch."

"Yeah, but WHAT is for lunch?"

"food," Wendy said, unamused.

After the group ate, Brick talked to his friend for an hour before driving to "Kel's rings co." to pick up a ring. However, when he arrived, he ran into Jo.

"Hey, Jo! What brings you here?" Brick asked, awkwardly.

"Um... n-nothing. Just looking at rings for a special event."

"Me too..." Brick said, nervously.

Brick wondered why Jo was In here. He wanted to buy a ring, but he didn't want Jo seeing. Also, Jo never wore much Jewelry, so he was really curious why Jo was here. 

"Was SHE also gonna propose? Nah. Women don't do that." He thought as he want to a different Isle than Jo.

Just to see what Jo was doing, he watched her browse the store. She was in the Men's ring aisle.

"What's she doing there?" Brick thought, not getting the hint.

After brick paid for his ring, he drove home, and 10 minutes later, Jo got off the train and walked home. She had a box from Kel's in her hand, and so did Brick.

"Hey Brick? I booked us reservations at the fancy Japanese place tonight. I picked out a pretty dress. Tonight is a good night to wear your suit." Jo said in a soft and sexy voice before kissing bricks cheek and walking upstairs.

Brick was flustered but happy. 

"I can tell her at the restaurant. Great idea!" Brick thought as he tied a bow around the ring box.

A few hours later, Brick and Jo were dressed and in the Uber. Jo noticed that Brick had a cube-shaped thing in his pocket, and she wondered what it was.

Jo thought to herself, "Was it a ring? Will this end up being a double proposal? What could be in that box?"

When Brick and Jo arrived at the restaurant, they waited for 23 minutes before getting their seats.

"I'll have an avocado roll, 2 orders of salmon rolls, one order of fish tempura, and some grilled asparagus to start," Jo said to the waitress as she poured the copuple some green tea.

"And you, sir?" the waitress said to Brick.

"I'll just share with Jo, but can I also get a Miso soup?" Brick politely said.

"Sure! Have a lovely dinner!" The waitress said as she wrote down their orders.

Midway through Dinner, Jo grabbed her ring box from her purse. She was very nervous, and she was blushing hard. She had practiced proposing in her room when she got home, b ut the 4 practice runs didn't make her comfortable doing it in the moment.

"Um... Brick? W-will you marry me?" Jo asked, nervously opening the ring box in front of Brick..

Brick looked stunned, and he grabbed his from his pocket and opened it up, and then he said, "Will you marry me too?"

"Jo gave Brick a big hug, and she said yes. A few people sitting around them clapped and congratulated them, but overall most people focused on their food. Then, after dinner, the two went out for ice cream to celebrate.

Jo got 2 scoops of Chocolate Ice Cream with rainbow sprinkles on top, and Brick got a scoop of Strawberry ice cream and a scoop of salted caramel ice cream. He also got blueberries and mango chunks on his, as well as some chocolate chips.

After they ate their ice cream in the shop, Jo drove home while Brick called his mom to share the news.

"Hey mom!" Brick said, excitedly.

"What? What's so cool?" Brick's mom replied, unamused.

"Jo proposed to me at the same time as I did! We are engaged!"

Brick's mom sighed, "Wait... Lemme get dad on the phone."

She walked into the living room and told her husband to turn off the TV.

"What is it, honey?" Brick's dad said to her, "What's more important than football?"

"Honey... your son has something important to tell you."  Brick's mom said.

"Is it another darn work thing?"

"No," Brick's mom said, frustrated. "And stop ignoring your son's phone calls. He actually has something important to tell you this time."

"Alright fine, I'll talk to him,"  Brick's dad sighed, taking the phone out of his wife's hands.

"Hey, dad? I'm getting married to Jo. We ended up having a double proposal tonight!" Brick said, excitedly.

"So Jo proposed? According to our faith, girls DO NOT propose to their boyfriends, but I'm still happy for you anyways."

"Yes. Jo proposed to me, which also surprised me too," Brick said back. "Now, I need to help Jo find the garage door opener so we can go inside the house, so I'll call you later. Bye, Dad! Love ya!" Brick said.

"Whatever, dude."

After Brick hung up, he helped Jo find the garage door opener, and once they were inside, the two had an intense 23-minute makeout sesh before bed.

"I love you, Brick," Jo seductively replied.

"Me too, Baby." 

"So how did your parents react to our news?" Jo asked Brick.

"Well, my dad reminded me that our Religion forbids women from proposing, but he was still happy for me otherwise."

"Well, that's better than it could've been."

"Well, besides that, this day was so intense," Brick said, tired.

"I know. I've never heard of a double proposal before."

"Well, I'm glad I'm proposing to you."

"Aww!"

Soon, the two went to bed, and Jo called her parents in the morning. They were also excited for her, and her mom wanted to pick out a fluffy white dress for Jo, despite her wanting to go with a white jumpsuit that didn't have a skirt/dress element to it for the "dress." Brick also called her sister that next morning, and she was very happy for him tii.