01 || charles & ruby

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

charles leclerc and ruby shelby was the living proof that soulmates exist.

there was absolutely no doubt about this. so much so that both of their families deemed them as such the first time they were introduced, the leclerc's and the shelby's bonding instantly over their children's love. the monegasque and the brit having a love that was dreamed of in the films and many books and if it was possible, it was even better than that.

the love they had for one another was unconditional. the admiration and adoration that they had for the other was unmeasurable. the respect they had for themselves and each other was out of this world and their loyalty for the other was truly irreplaceable.

charles would try, key word being try, and teach ruby some of the french language as she would attempt to teach him some british slang, which always ended up in a laughing fit after their pronunciation of the others words. every two weeks, no matter where in the world they were, the couple would always have a self care night; a night where they would share a bubble bath, whisper sweet nothings to the other, they'd dance to their favourite songs in their bedrooms, cuddle all night long and if she was lucky, he'd let her tweeze his eyebrows.

however, with every relationship there was going to be issues but there was only one problem with their relationship, nobody knew about it. many may see their secret relationship being a positive thing as it prevented any troubles from third parties but to charles and ruby, all they wanted was to shout from the rooftops who they were in love with. but when you work in the same company that is highly strict about dating colleagues, those plans of telling the world are bound to get put on hold. which is why nobody other than their families and a couple of their closest friends knew about their two year long relationship.

the pair had met on charles first day at ferrari on a day where the warm sun was beaming down on them through the large windows, they should have known that that was a sign from the heavens above of what was to come. ruby had only gotten the job a few weeks prior to that interaction, her application for the vacant role of a press officer for a new ferrari driver granting her the opportunity if a lifetime; quickly packing up her life and moving to italy. despite knowing the job role was for the newly signed driver in red, she wasn't expecting it to be the driver that she had been crushing on since he'd joined the sport, their energy's immediately matching when they first began to speak.

however, after flirty comments had been made by both of them in their workplace and in the different countries that they had travelled to, they both remembered the important rules that had to be followed. no flirting with colleagues, no dating your colleagues. sure the rules were harsh but they knew why they were there, to protect the dynamic that the team already had and they certainly wanted to prevent any awkwardness from occurring if two colleagues were to split up.

so they kept it quiet. although it was definitely hard at times to keep their entire shared life secret, especially the times where ruby shelby just wanted to smother her boyfriend with kisses after a great result in a race, they managed to do it. neither of them were able to count on their hands the amounts of time where they were able to sneak away into charles room for a moment for themselves, or when he'd attempt to steal a few kisses where nobody else was around or the amount of times he almost reached for her hand when walking around the paddocks.

she was there through it all, the highs, the lows and everything else in between but neither of them would have it any other way. she was there when he won in monza, through all of the troubles that he faced in the 2020 season and even through the long streams where he would dress up as a banana or play fall guys with lando norris.

he would never be able to express just how grateful he was for her.