14 || you're so golden

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

If there was one country that Ruby Shelby couldn't wait to go back to, it would one hundred percent be Australia. The perfect coastlines, all of the amazing people that resided there but how could she forget that it would be the first race held there in two years and there was nothing more exciting than this in that minute of time.

But unfortunately for her, she'd have to wait one more day until she would actually be able to watch the racing unfold but there was no way that she'd complain when she's spending the time before with the love of her life. The lovers tucked away comfortably underneath a large, fluffy blanket that they had found in the closet that sat in the corner of Charles' room, sat on the hotel balcony as they gazed up at the night sky.

The golden sunshine that browned their skin just right, providing them with a further release of serotonin, the golden rays of loved light that never failed to radiate and highlight Charles' already stunning features once turned into the long gone sunset, that beamed with warm hues of oranges, pink and purples now replaced with the glistening moon and pure silence, the scenery and her company providing Ruby with the needed comfort and tranquility that she, and even Charles, craved before a hectic weekend.

"Do you remember our first date?" Ruby spoke up quietly, smiling to herself at the memory running through her mind as she nuzzled further into her boyfriends arms with her legs resting on his lap as Charles ran his slender fingers through her blonde hair.

"How can i not? You looked so beautiful, my love." He murmured lovingly, lightly kissing the crown of her head before leaving his lips to linger for a few moments, the affectionate gesture making Ruby grateful for her lovers love language being physical touch.

"I was so nervous that night, i didn't know what to do." The blonde chuckled softly, feeling the Monegasque's chest rise in sync with hers. "I was panicking in case you didn't like me or my personality because we still had to work together, stressful times."

"I didn't think that you would actually say yes to me asking you out, that's what I was worried about." Charles recalled back to the hours of mental hyping up that he had to do before even going up to the blonde, despite the many times previously that they had spoken and spent together. "But i knew it was you as soon i saw you on your first day."

"Even though I looked like a lost puppy and couldn't understand a word anybody was saying around me."

"That's how I knew." Charles confirmed with nothing but pure authenticity lacing in his voice, knowing that she was kidding with him but there was no doubt in his mind when he looked at her. "Do you think your mum would have liked me?"