12 || baby fever and barbecues

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

The journey to Manchester was surprisingly peaceful compared to what Ruby had anticipated it to be but I guess it would be less hectic when your boyfriend has a private jet. But Ruby knew that she couldn't complain about the journey when she knew what she'd be getting out it all, time with her family and her boyfriend.

Arriving in her hometown in the morning was one thing that the couple were totally thankful for as it meant that they could spend the day relaxing at her family home rather than having rushed conversations before they all went to sleep. Which is exactly what they did. Spending the whole day catching up with one another, eating till their hearts content and Tommy not failing to embarrass Ruby by telling Charles any stories of when she was younger that he had forgotten about.

The following morning had been a slow one to say the least, the couple sleeping in as late as they could due to all of their late night talking, which included the pair of them crying in attempts to keep their laughter to a minimum to avoid waking up Tommy and Ember. However, during these late night conversations, Charles had forgotten to mention about the plans that he had set up for his girlfriend with April Summers until the very last minute, only giving her about thirty minutes to get dressed which some would applaud her for but when working in a fast paced formula one team, thirty minutes felt like an hour.

"So Charles was telling me that you wanted to bring Ember to Monaco for your anniversary." Ruby brought up the conversation she had had with her boyfriend when they were last in Monaco, sipping on the remainder of her tea.

"Yeah." The Shelby man dragged out his words, his tone of voice full of confusion as he tried to disguise it with false confidence, fake it till you make it I guess. "I don't know whether I'll actually round to planning it or not but it was just an idea."

"I've got the weekend off when he's in Italy so I can plan it for you, if you'd like?" She offered politely, his amazing acting skills showing off as Ruby hadn't clocked how he had spoke.

"You don't have to do that, sweetheart, I'll be alright."

"No really, it doesn't bother me, I'll have something to do then."

"Trust me, Ruby, I'll be fine." Tommy chuckled at her determination, a personality trait that she had taken after her mum with and it was something that her father continuously admired about them both.

"If you say so." She shrugged, making her way over to the sink so she could wash the now used cup as she questioned his choice in destination. "Why Monaco though? She'd probably be happy with Ibiza."

"Maybe because we're not young anymore and we don't want to spend our holiday hungover."

"Fair enough." Ruby giggled, earning a laugh off of her dad as they got enveloped in a comfortable silence in which Tommy saw this as a perfect opportunity to turn the situation serious for a moment.