18 || happy birthday, my love

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

Barely having any time since the couple had gotten home from Miami for themselves, it was very fair to say that Charles was proud in what he had accomplished in the very limited time that he had. From picking up the very last of his girlfriend's presents to buying the many decorations to make their apartment like a party store. The shiny pink banners hanging around the walls and on a few of the doors, the numbered confetti scattered around the ground near the cloud-like couch and even the multiple balloons that stood tall and proud next to the television. One thing that Charles absolutely loved was treating and spoiling Ruby that extra bit on her birthday, despite the many times she reassured him that he didn't have to.

But of course he hadn't set everything up on his own, inviting his brothers and mother over to provide him with the help that he so desperately needed; the sleeping blonde in the bedroom barely even able to keep herself awake from the second she walked into her home, having absolutely no clue what was going on in the living room.

After thanking his family many more times and bidding them farewell, he knew that he would eventually have to wake up his girlfriend to prevent them missing the main part of her present, her gentle snores getting ever so slight louder as he made his way to their bedroom, sitting on her side of the bed. "My love, wake up, it's time for you to open your presents."

"Charles? Is that you?" Ruby mumbled, far too tired to even comprehend what was going on and clearly too out of it to recognise her boyfriend properly.

"Who else is it going to be this early, huh?" He chuckled, reaching his hand over to her forehead and brushing a hair out of her face, leaving his thumb to caress her warm skin. "I need you to wake up for me, angel."

"But it's so early, babe, come back to bed." She groaned, grasping for his hand in hopes that he would magically end up back next to her, their bodies pressed against each other as they cuddled until the natural light woke them up.

"As much as i would love that, we're going to miss one of your surprises if you don't get up." Charles spoke softly, noticing that his little action of caressing her skin was beginning to wake her up slowly but surely, her eyelashes fluttering as she got used to the very little light that disturbed her from her perfect dream.

"I'm not moving, I'm too comfortable, please just get in bed with me." The blonde covered her eyes with her hand, although she was in the dark with all of the curtains shut, pulling back the covers for him to join her before huffing when she realised that she wasn't going to get what she wanted.

"And you call me stubborn?" Charles laughed making Ruby's lips curl up into a smile at the sound, one that was definitely in the running for being one of her favourite sounds of all time, along with his actual voice and the sound of formula one cars. "Looks like I'll have to get you up myself."