21 || i'm having your baby

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

There was absolutely no doubt that the blonde was ecstatic when she found out that she was going to be a mother, although not quite physically portraying it as much as she could have, finally getting the opportunity to be just like her own mother in more ways than she could possibly count. From reading her child bedtime stories every night without fail to baking cookies and cakes in the kitchen to dancing around the living room majority of the nights; she aspired to carry on Grace's legacy.

There was many things that Ruby had wanted to do when she eventually fell pregnant, of course this list of things being made when she was much younger and naïve. Yet one of these intricate plans was to not keep the news from her partner for very long. Ruby Shelby had absolutely no clue on how, when or where she would tell Charles that they were expecting their first child and she was petrified for when the reality hit her that she was going to have to tell him sooner or later.

Despite only being eight weeks pregnant, Ruby had never felt more tired in her life but combined with the newly found out pregnancy, she had also just flew across the ocean after a concert so in her defence, she had a good reason to be. And she was very sure that her eye bags could have probably been seen from across the paddock, a very concerned yet happy Charles watching his fiancé enter the paddock as he was being whisked away by Andrea to start getting ready for the first practice of the day in his driver room; feeling slightly down that he'd have to wait even longer to see his lover properly.

But one thing that was made his eyebrows furrow was the fact that she had shown up in trousers, rather than the figure hugging skirt that she'd typically opt for, along with an untucked Ferrari shirt that he watched her pull at as she walked in the very limited time he had to look at her; he was sure that he was probably just overthinking her reasoning behind outfit choice but he couldn't help the worries that swam through his mind, the events that occurred on the Wednesday evening repeating in his head.

What he was yet to find out was that Ruby was paranoid that the many people in the paddock would be able to see her growing bump, although she just looked really bloated to anybody passing, which would eventually lead to rumours circulating around and then it would end up on social media, the one place that she wanted to avoid at all costs during this time. However, her worries were quickly pushed to the back of her mind once she checked her the time on her phone, realising that she still had a small amount of time before Charles actually had to get in the car.

"Am i alright to come in?" She called out quietly as she knocked gently, not wanting to attract any attention from unwanted eyes, once she had made her way to his driver room after spotting Andrea at the coffee machine, sending her a quick wave and smile when he saw her arrive. "Hi, you."