02 || the first of many

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

the 2021 season was a whirlwind to say the very least but despite the continuous rivalry between max verstappen and lewis hamilton, charles had remained successful throughout it all. from a pole position at his home race in monaco to a win that slipped out of his fingers on the last lap in silverstone and many top seven race finishes, his accomplishments hadn't gone unnoticed by anyone; from his team to his family to ruby.

however, 2021 was the past and it was now the time to start focusing on the upcoming season that held a lot of uncertainties for many teams. with new cars and new regulations, it was unpredictable who would come out on top, especially after the first set of testing in barcelona where pierre gasly dominated the entire field; for all anybody knew, haas could come out as the underdogs.

bahrain, this weekend was officially the start of the new ear of formula one and boy was charles excited for it. after making a rash decision to stay in bahrain for the week that followed the final weekend of testing, instead of going home to monaco, charles and ruby had one of the best weeks of their life. spending the entirety of the days sunbathing on a private beach or messing around in the water was something they wished they could do everyday for the rest of their lives but unfortunately that joy had to come to an end; the closest they could get to those days at the beach being this morning.

"bonjour, mon amour." ruby murmured softly to her boyfriend when she saw that he was in the middle of waking up, the beams of sunlight that were poking through the blinds shining on his face, exposing the tan that had developed over the past few days under the bahrain sun.

"those french lessons seem to be working." if there was one thing that the blonde could never get used to, it would be his morning voice for sure, a cocky chuckle leaving his mouth as he placed a soft kiss on her body that was the closest to him.

"i have the best teacher." ruby shelby giggled quietly, reaching over to place the glass of water back on the bedside table before reaching her free hand around his shoulder, resting her hand in his hair. "besides, that's all i know how to say."

"breaking my heart, mon chéri." charles repeated one of the sarcastic comments that his girlfriend had taught him, earning a giggle from her as he cuddled closer into her when he felt her fingers begin to scratch ever so slightly at his scalp.

"but i can say something in italian." her words making him look up at her, an unreadable look in her eyes as charles gazed at her lovingly with a smile on his face.

"and what might that be?" an idea settling in his mind as from what he knew, ruby only knew one thing in italian, from the top of her head, that being the thing that he had taught her after winning monza in 2019.

"forza ferrari." she leant her face closer to his ear, whispering the infamous words to him before placing an innocent kiss on the side of his head, definitely leaving charles with feelings in his stomach.

changing his position so that he was leaning on his right arm, he reached his spare hand up to cup ruby's cheek, pulling her face towards his so that he could connect their lips in a soft yet still passionate kiss. "that's my girl."

it was intimate moments like this that made ruby crave the same in public, showing small public displays of affection just to show him off by simply holding hands or sharing a quick kiss before the start of the race but that would to have to wait for now. sure, it hurt them both at times but they both knew the consequences that would follow if they were to make their relationship public, the main one being that ruby lost her job at ferrari. if charles could prevent one thing from happening, he would choose that by a long mile; he knew that this was her dream job and there was no way on this earth that he was going to let her get fired because he was desperate to hold her hand in the paddock.

"i can't believe it's the first race of the season already." charles sighed softly, as he placed his hand on the top of the blondes thigh; reminiscent about the winter break where he spent nearly every day with the love of his life, the only time they spent apart being when ruby had to go back to manchester for a few days.

"the first of many." resting her hand on top of his, the simple action never failing to make it seem as though electricity so warmed everytime they touched, sending him a warm smile. "and i have a very good feeling about this weekend."

"you always have a good feeling, chéri." the monegasque chuckled, taking a moment to admire his girlfriend before diverting his attention back onto the straight road.

"this time it's an extra good feeling." ruby raised his hand, bringing to closer to her red lips so she could peck his skin softly, letting her lips linger a little longer than usual to almost act like a physical reassurance. "my feeling being that you may have a chance of winning this race."

"always my number one supporter." he smiled gratefully as he pulled into the drivers car park at the circuit, careful with his actions as they were both aware of the many cameras that were filming their every move; netflix, the media and all of the fans that had came this weekend.

"always and forever." his favourite three words leaving her mouth just before she quickly leant into him to place a kiss on his lips, pulling away before anybody saw them or got a chance to take a picture. "i love you."