20 || love of my life

❤️‍🔥👩🏼‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏻🏎💌 — until i found you

Just about a month had passed since the most perfect day in the blonde's life and being engaged had been an absolute dream for both Ruby and Charles, Ruby in particular, the couple relishing in each and every moment that they got to share with one another even during the hectic and quite frankly, disappointing weekends. Despite the fact that both races in Monaco and Spain could have ended up a whole lot better, the pair couldn't last being disappointed very long after taking one glance at one another or the ring that sat prettily on her finger.

Both of their families had been absolutely ecstatic when they heard the engagement news, Pascale breaking down in tears of excitement and happiness as she embraced her daughter in law in a heartwarming hug and smothering her in a million kisses; eventually leading to the two brothers having to pry their mother off of their sister in law. Ever since Pascale had met the young blonde, she immediately knew the positive impact that she would have on her son in more ways than she could name, call it mothers intuition if you may, and boy was she glad that Charles had met Ruby.

But in this very moment, Ruby was very glad that she had met Charles as he was the one accompanying her to the Harry Styles concert. The British singer holding quite a significance in their three year relationship, whether it be when one of his songs would play whilst they were driving or whether it be when Charles would constantly hear Ruby's voice belting his songs out, the sound never failing to make the Monegasque laugh. She was quite surprised that her fiancé had actually been able to join her that night, especially since his flight was literally less than two hours after the concert would finish, the things that man would do for her; which also meant reassuring her when insecurities became overbearing.

"Does this dress look good on me?" The blonde asked quietly, although hoping that he had heard her there was a part of her that wished he hadn't, not wanting to hear him say what her brain was telling her, although she knew that he would never think of her in that way.

"I love that dress on you, darling, i love anything you wear."

"Charles, be honest to me, have I gained weight?" Ruby questioned her fiancé as she continued to analyse every single curve that she could see in the mirror, her mind enhancing any flaw that she could point out in herself at that moment, the blonde's eyes stuck to her bloated stomach in the dress she had chosen to wear for the night, feeling regretful that she hadn't packed a back up outfit for times like this.

However, what she did fail to mention was that she felt nervous to admit that this possibly wasn't just a case of bloating and insecurities. There was absolutely no way that she was going to tell him that her period still hadn't come around, especially since she was supposed to be due on yesterday and she had absolutely no clue on how he would react if she told him that they could possibly be expecting.