Part 9 - The Invitation

I hear some knocks on the door and wake up. I feel so tired. I look around and, as expected, Tony isn't here. Some more knocks follow, making me groan.

"Come in" I say, knowing it's Sophie.

She opens the door and slowly gets in, looking around carefully.

"He's gone" I groan with my tired morning voice.

"Oh, come on. When will I ever get to meet him?" she complains.

"I'm sure you will someday" I shake my head.

"What the hell is this mess? Why are you sleeping in my bed? Are you naked under there?" she has so many questions.

"Tony is the reason for the mess, yes I'm naked and I'm sleeping here because if you take a look at my bed you'll notice it's broken" I answer all her questions.

"You lucky little b*tch" she says and makes me laugh.

"Can you give me some clothes, please?" I ask and she gives me some from the closet.

I get dressed under the sheets and stand up. My knees are hurting me but it all makes sense when I look at them. They're bruised. I shake my head and look at Sophie.

"Sorry for using your bed. I know we had an agreement" I apologize.

"It's alright. Tony Stark is easily an exception to that rule. Just wash my sheets" she chuckles.

"Of course. I'll do it tonight, after my shift"

"So, what happened? Scott was terrified" she asks.

"Well, Tony caught us making out on my bed. He wasn't happy about it" I explain with a few words.

"Bet that you were happy afterwards" she raises her eyebrows.

"Oh, trust me, I still am" I laugh.

"I guess you're not mad at him anymore" she takes a seat and looks at me.

"No, he apologized. But I might have done something stupid" I bite my lip nervously.

"What?" she asks slowly.

"I told him I want us to be exclusive and if he doesn't want that then we should end things" I bite my lip even harder.

"You really did that? God, where does all that courage come from!?" she's so shocked.

"I don't know, but it was the right time to say it" I shrug.

"And what did he say?"

"Well, I didn't want to push him into replying so I'm giving him time" I sigh.

"Good choice. I'm rooting for you"

"Thank you. I have to get ready for work" I say after noticing it's getting late.

I take a shower to feel clean and fresh after all last night's activities. Then I have to cover a significant amount of marks Tony left on my skin. I have to rush a bit but thankfully I'm just on time for my shift and start working immediately. During the shift I found myself zoned out and smiling to myself a lot of times. That's, of course, because of the memories from last night. Tony really left me many of those to think about for the rest of my life. Hopefully, these won't be the last of the two of us.

It was close to the end of my shift when I noticed a car pulling at the end of the street. I can't say it wasn't a familiar one, but I couldn't be sure. So I continued working for the remaining minutes, very curious about it. When I walk back to the street to catch my bus I feel he car following me. I stop after a few steps and so does it. The window slowly pulls down and I see the most familiar face ever from the back seat.