Part 23 - Introductions

It's been one more week and my exams are over. All my classes and exams are finally over and I can rest. Until I see my grades at least. Then the next chapter begins. I'll have to look for an apartment or move in with my parents. Ah, I'd hate to move back in. I love them but I'm used to living without them now. My only option is to find a better job, something to do with my degree preferably.

Since my exams are over my parents told me they're visiting me. I haven't seen them in months. They know nothing about me and Tony. We haven't made a public appearance yet so gladly paparazzi haven't caught us. We're as private as we can be about our relationship.

Of course the people here at the university know, they've seen me and Tony together a lot of times. Especially the times he flew here to see me or the times he flew me back here with his suit. But what's important is that my parents don't know anything.

I'm dressed casually and waiting for them any time now at my room. Sophie isn't here. She knows my parents and she'd like to see them again but she has an exam of her own. I hear knocks on the door after a few minutes and go over to open it immediately.

"Mom! Dad!" I say and hug them.

"Zoe, we missed you so much" they say and hug me back.

"I missed you, too" I'm so happy to see them.

Yes, we've been talking on the phone but it's different than seeing them and hugging them up close. They come in the room and look around until they stop randomly.

"When did you get a new bed?" my mom asks.

Right, the bed.

"Uhm, a couple months ago. There was a damage to it and I had to change it" I try to reply normally.

It's not like I can tell them I broke it during sex with Tony.

"It seems expensive, how did you pay for it? Why didn't you ask for out help, honey?" my dad sounds worried.

"It's okay, really. Don't worry about it" I reassure them and we all take a seat.

"So, how was your last exam?"

"It was great. I'm very confident about it" I say smiling.

"We're so proud of you" they seem very emotional.

"Do you have any news? We didn't talk much the past week"

"Not really. It's been a very busy week with studying and taking the exams" I gulp.

"It's over now, you get to go out and celebrate" my mom smiles at me.

That moment I get a text and take a quick look to see it's from Tony.

"How did it go?"

I lock the phone, not wanting to start a conversation with him. I return to my conversation with my parents and they tell me their news. It's mostly stories from their works or from the neighborhood. I can't say I'm too interested in learning about our neighbors but they seem happy talking about it so I keep listening.

"Zoe?" another text from Tony about half an hour later.

My parents obviously noticed I got nervous while reading both these texts so they got suspicious.

"Is everything alright, baby?" my dad asks.

"Yes. Everything's perfect" I reply fake smiling.

"Is it a guy? You should text him back" my mom smiles.

"Yes, it's a guy" I say and feel so anxious.

I need to tell them. This is the perfect opportunity. It's way better than seeing me in a random magazine or article with Tony.