Part 46 - The Cabin

There have been a few attacks in town the last few days. Tony's been busy with that and trying to figure out who's responsible. I was halfway through a meeting, listening to one of my coworkers explain his idea when I noticed Tony calling me. Of course I left my phone aside and kept my focus on the meeting.

He kept calling me so I turned my phone around, not looking at the screen anymore and stood up. I started talking about the mathematical models that we were going through as a team but suddenly a window broke entirely and Tony flew inside the room in the Iron Man suit.

"We have to go now" I heard his voice through the helmet.

He sounded very serious so I didn't ask for the reason. Actually I didn't even have the chance because he immediately turned to another window and blasted towards it, breaking it as well. Then he took me in his arms and flew away quickly.

We were flying very fast and for a lot of minutes. It's not the first time I'm flying around with him but this time feels different. In the past he was always flying slower when he had me with him to be more careful. This time he seems like he's rushing and being extra cautious.

A while later we landed at a place I've never been to before. It's a cabin in the middle of the woods, a river or a lake is near by, I can hear it. It's actually a very peaceful place to be at. Tony's helmet disappears and I see that he's bleeding so panic rushes through my veins instantly.

"Tony! Oh my God, are you okay?" I ask loudly.

"Yes, I'm fine" he replies and I hug him tightly over his suit.

"What happened? Why did you bring us here? What is this place?" I ask my questions quickly.

"This is the only place you're safe at. We'll be staying here for a few days. I'll bring back everything we might need and in a few hours JARVIS will be up and running in the cabin" he explains.

"The only place I'm safe at? What are you talking about?" my heart starts beating faster.

"I found out who's behind the attacks and he's going after you next" he says and I feel my heart skip a beat.

"Don't worry, baby, you'll be safe here. I'll guard you with my life if I have to" his whole suit disappears now and he hugs me tightly.

The actual feeling of his physical touch instead of the suit is giving me so much more comfort. He places a kiss on the side of my head and swings us from left to right slowly.

"Who is he and why is he after me?" I'm trying to keep my tears from falling from my eyes.

"Let's go inside first, I'll tell you everything" he says sweetly and I nod.

We get inside the cabin and I take a few seconds to look around it first. Almost everything is made out of wood, it's such a beautiful space. There's a second floor but I guess I'll have to see it later. Tony connects a flash drive to a slot and the software starts installing.

Tony then pulls me with him to sit on the couch in the living room and taps on his wrist. There's a device there that shows an hologram immediately and I can clearly see a man's figure.

"Who's that? He's hot" I gasp.

"Yes, he is, but that's not the point" Tony agrees.

"Right" I nod.

"That's Quentin Beck"

"Why does his name sound so familiar?" I ask.

"He used to work at Stark Industries, you've probably heard or seen his name around" he explains.

"What's his deal? Why is he trying to kill us?" my curiosity is peaking.

"Apparently he's mad that I used the holographic system he designed under the name B.A.R.F." Tony shakes his head.