Part 7 - Off Guard

3 days later and Tony hasn't contacted me at all. I would be so da*n angry all the time if it wasn't for Scott. We've been texting these days and he's keeping my mind off of Tony. He's actually asking when he can see me again but my schedule this week is unfortunately too busy to make night plans in the middle of the week. So we decided to make plans on Friday night.

The next day, in the middle of my shift I notice that I have a text from Tony. Normally I would stop everything to see what he said and reply but my anger isn't letting me. I'm going to take my time with it and reply later. My mind didn't let me forget about it for a second. I wanted to check that text every single moment of my shift. But I held on. I managed to not read it until I was back in my room.

"The audacity of this man" I complain.

"Tony?" Sophie asks from her bed.

"Yeah, he wants to meet. Like nothing happened. He has me for granted" I say with disappointment.

"Tell him no, then"

"That's what I'm trying to do" I reply with my phone nervously in my hand.

I want to stand up to him. Show him how hurt I am and make him realize it. But I also want to see him so bad.

"Okay, it's done" I breathe out heavily.

I'm almost panicking. Last time I said no he still convinced me, but I didn't mean it then. I have to walk in circles around the room for the next hours, waiting for his reply. Which, by the way, never comes. He never replied to me, just like I never replied when he canceled on me. Could it be payback for that? I wish he would try to change my mind again. I wish he would show a little sign that he cares whether he sees me or not. But I guess that's too much to ask from Tony Stark.

Friday night is finally here and I'm really happy. I finished my shift, attended my class and now I'm getting ready for the night out with Scott. There'll be a party going on here at the dorms and we'll be joining it later. I feel kind of refreshed.

"Look at you" Sophie says nicely when she sees me.

"Do you find it too much?" I ask worried.

I'm wearing a short skirt and a top that's a little revealing around my breasts. It's the kind of outfit Tony would adore, but I'm not meeting him tonight so it might be a bit too much for this occasion.

"Depends on how you want the night to go" she smiles.

"We'll see, we'll see" I laugh.

It's around 40 minutes later when my phone starts ringing. I'm looking at myself in the mirror because it's almost time for Scott to pick me up.

"Holy sh*t, don't make a sound" I say to Sophie and she looks at me weirdly.

I take a deep breath and pick up the call.

"Hey, Tony" I say calmly and Sophie widens her eyes.

"Hey. How are you? I haven't seen you in a while" he sounds so relaxed.

"Maybe you shouldn't have canceled on me twice then" I say ironically.

"Are you mad?" he chuckles.

The urge that I'm fighting to scream at him right now is unreal.

"Why would I be mad?" I sound like it's not bothering me but I'm tightening my fist more and more to contain my nerves.

"That's what I'm saying" he sounds like he's smiling.
"So, are you free tonight? You can come over, I feel like I should make it up to you" his voice is a tiny bit deeper now.