Part 49 - Cheeseburger First

The first two days after Tony's dramatic injuries found him asleep almost all the time. But thankfully there were no complications. With the help of Natasha we took care of him.

The third day found him more awake, he even stood up and walked around with our help. His injuries didn't bleed, the pain was still intense so it kept him in bed for most of the time.

The fourth day was when he started getting on my nerves because he thought everything's fine now and after taking painkillers all day he went back to work. I kept finding him working even when he was supposed to be resting.

And now, the fifth day, is even worse. I'm just opening my eyes first thing in the morning and he's not in bed. I sigh and go downstairs where I know exactly where he'll be, and I'm right. He's working on his suit.

"Tony..." I sigh and caress his back softly.

"Good morning, sunshine!" he says happily.

"Someone's unexpectedly cheerful this morning" I chuckle.

"Why wouldn't I be? Look at this" he says and shows me his nanotech gloves back in action.

The suit was very damaged when he got back from the fight. I'm convinced that the only reason he didn't go back to fight Beck after he woke up with the stitches is because his suit wasn't ready.

"Great job, congratulations. Now let's go lie down together" I say nicely.

"I don't need to lie down, I'm healed" he pulls up his t-shirt to show me his wounds.

Indeed the not very deep wounds have healed, but of course there are two of them with stitches that need a few more days for sure. I caress his injuries softly with my fingers to feel his skin as he looks at me smiling.

"Baby, you're not healed. You need a few more days of rest" I say quietly.

"I don't have a few more days" he exhales deeply.

"He's out there looking for us, looking for you. I can't risk that" he holds my hands in his.

"I don't want you to get hurt again, or even worse..." I clear my throat not wanting to say the words.

"I won't, trust me" he kisses both of my hands.

"At least promise you'll not leave the cabin for at least 2 more days. I want your stitches to be taken care of first" I give in and hug him softly.

"I promise. The suit needs at least until tomorrow to be ready again anyway" he chuckles.

"I love you, be careful" I say with my forehead resting against his.

"I love you, too" he smiles warmly.

We kiss and then stay in each other's arms for a few seconds. We hear footsteps coming down the stairs and we both look towards it to see Pepper. She's joined us here because Natasha had to leave.

"Good morning, lovebirds" she chuckles.

"Good morning" we reply smiling.

"I guess you haven't had any breakfast yet" she says and we shake our heads.

Me and Pepper go to the kitchen to make something for breakfast while Tony keeps working on the suit. We enjoy it all together and these are the only moments of normal worry free life we've had for a few days now.

The next few hours Tony didn't stop working at all. Me and Pepper made sure to check and clean his stitches and also made sure that we kept with stomach full with food. The amount of pills he's taking are going to ruin his stomach if he doesn't eat something at least.