8

Peter was hanging out with MJ the next day ready to vent about last night's events. "Can you believe they let him escape again?! Why do I even catch them at this point?" He leaned against her still mad about it. "I mean maybe it was a blessing in disguise, I almost kissed Wade and-"

"Wait hold up- not to interrupt your rant but you almost kissed him?"

"Oh, eh yeah. I guess, I don't really know what came over me, we were just sitting there and there was this moment- I don't know."

MJ was getting more into the conversation, not that normal Spidey stuff bored her but this was something new. She had always tried to set him up with people but he was like 'oh but what if they get hurt' and stuff. "Do you like him or were you just horny?"

"What?"

"I mean it's a simple question, Peter." She looked at him. "Come on you can't hit me with something like that and not talk about it."

"I don't know! But it doesn't matter anyway I have no time to date. I also don't want him getting hurt because of me."

"Peter, he is basically immortal, he is like the best boyfriend material for you. You guys can hang out while doing spidey business and he can't get hurt."

"I know, it's just ever since Gwen, I'm scared." Peter buried his face in her shoulder feeling emotions swell up.

MJ just hugged him. "It's been 5 years Peter. You can't keep blaming yourself."

"But I do, if I hadn't-"

"No." She grabbed his face looking at him. "Stop that. It's not your fault, you tried your best to save her and that is all that matters. I miss her too."

Peter bit his lip looking away, not wanting to think about it. "Can we maybe talk about something else?" He tried his best to keep himself together.

"Sure. Do you wanna hear about my audition yesterday?" MJ just pulled him back against her cuddling up to him. She knew it was best to drop it so she did, not wanting to upset him.

"Yeah, did you get the part?"

"Yes, you're looking at the next Viola in twelfth night!"

"Oh, Shakespeare! That's so cool."

"This time you have to watch me, I got a lead role. No spidey buisness excuse!" MJ hit him in the sides chuckling.

Peter laughed. "Yeah, I'm still sorry about last time."

"You better be."

For the next few days Peter was working and studying non-stop so he hadn't seen Wade in a while, that was until the other knocked on his door. He opened the door looking like shit, needing a shower and a nap. When he saw him his heart skipped a beat. "Oh eh, hey Wade! What are you doing here?"

Peter was embarrassed at the way he and his apartment looked.

"Hey, Webs! I was wondering where you've been, so I thought I hop over!" Wade shot him a big smile.

Peter smiled back a bit awkward. "Yeah sorry, work has been a bit much. The committee had to cancel the initial date to review Otto's work so we're using the time to iron it out a bit."

"Ah okay. I thought I did something wrong, heh." Wade thought he had pushed the limits too far that one night. This friendship was one of the few good things in his life and he didn't want to throw it away.

"No! I'm just a bit busy. Actually, I would love to hang out but I really have to go grocery shopping."

"How about I just join you? We get to hang out and you can get your chores done."

Peter felt his heart flutter. That was probably the most romantic thing someone has offered to do for him. "Sure." He smiled and got his stuff before they went out.

When they were at the grocery store Peter got all his usual stuff, instant ramen, and frozen pizza.

"So you never cook fresh?"

"I'm not really good at cooking and don't really have the time."

"Okay, how about I cook you something today to get some real food into you?" Wade smiled.

"Oh you really don't have to"

"I know but I want to." Wade took charge of the shopping cart and got some fresh vegetables and other ingredients.

Peter was doing the math in his head when he stopped him. "Wade, uh- I don't really have enough money for all that." He was a bit embarrassed but that immediately faded away when the other smiled at him.

"It's fine, I'll pay for it and no 'you can't accept that'. It's fine." He pat his shoulder before freezing up and breaking into laughter.

"What?"

Wade pulled out a chocolate bar with spiderman on it. "Spiderman's organic nuts." He couldn't stop laughing. "I'd like some of your organics nuts."

"Oh no." Peter chuckled. "How is this even legal?" He started laughing more as well looking at the chocolate.

"This is too good!" Wade was dying leaning against the shopping cart as people looked at them strangely.

After calming down they went to the register and bought everything. Peter felt bad seeing Wade pay for everything. The cashier, who looked on the older side with glasses smiled at them. "Found everything you needed?"

"Yeah thanks, Stan Lee." Wade put everything in a bag and they went out.

"How'd you know his name?"

"Oh, he used to work at a strip club my ex worked at." Wade smiled.

"Huh? New York sure is small."

They got back to Peter's place. Wade put the groceries on the counter. "Okay, then let me work my magic."

"Sure. I'll take a quick shower okay?" Peter knew he needed one. "Make yourself at home!" He went into the bathroom and turned on the water.

Wade got to work making some simple pasta. He put on some music. When Peter came back out he was wearing some sweatpants and had a towel lying on his wet hair. Wade was staring at him because by God did he look hot in his eyes.

He snapped out of it and finished up the food. Peter had quickly made some room on his table and searched for two clean glasses only finding one, having to use a mug. "Sorry, it's really messy in here, heh."

"No problem baby boy." Wade put the food on the table. "Eat up you look hungry." He sat down too and started eating.

Peter started eating too and he felt warmth fill him. He hadn't eaten this well since he had lunch with MJ. A smile formed on his face as he enjoyed his food. Wade truly had figured out the way to a broke college student's heart.

They finished up. Wade happily watched the other finish his meal.

Peter felt a bit flustered but just smiled at him when he was done. "Thanks, Wade. I've been really stressed lately and all. I really lik-" He got interrupted by a call. "You've got to be kidding me. Sorry, one minute." He looked at it and answered it.

While he was on the phone Wade started washing the dishes. Peter eventually hung up. "I'm so sorry, Wade. It's just MJ got this huge role and she just needed to talk for a bit."

"Hey, no problem, Webs."

"Would you maybe like to go watch her show with me next month? I mean I don't know if that's your thing, it's Shakespeare and you might find it boring and-"

"I would love to."

"You would?"

"Yeah, Shakespeare is Drama and Comedy have you ever heard something call my name more? On top of that who cares what you're watching it's who you're watching it with."

"That sound's really corny." Peter chuckled, feeling butterflies dance in his stomach. He was really crushing on him. Who would have known that that persistent pain in the ass could make his heart skip a beat? "You wanna watch some Netflix?"

"Sure."