14

The next day Harry called Peter to tell him that he was home and to invite him over for a coming home party. He had invited some old school friends and told him he could bring a plus one.

Peter was worried. He hadn't seen the other in a year. A lot of things had changed. He was sitting at the table in front of his laptop thinking about it when Wade hugged him from behind making him jump. "Wade! You scared me. I could've hit you!"

"Sorry." Wade kissed his neck nuzzling into it. "What are you looking at?"

"Oh, just Harry is back and he invited me to this party at his place."

"That sounds nice. He's your childhood friend right?"

"Yeah, it's nice. I'm only worried. It's been so long."

"I'm sure it'll be fine."

"Would you come there with me?"

"What?"

Peter turned towards him. "I'd feel more at ease having you there as my plus one."

"Peter I'm not really the person to bring to stuff like that."

"Please?" Peter looked at him with puppy eyes.

Wade knew he couldn't say no to that face. "Alright."

"Thank you." Peter put his arms around the other and kissed him. "I really appreciate it, you know that right?"

"Yeah, I know baby boy." Wade kissed his cheek. "When's the party?"

"Tonight. I know it's really short notice but it'll be fine."

That night they drove to the building in Wade's car. Peter was fidgeting with his jacket sleeves the whole way there. When they arrived Wade just took his hands. "You'll be fine."

Peter felt his cheeks get red, he wasn't used to this yet.

"Aw, you're blushing!"

"Am not!" He turned away huffing just to have the other grab his face and kiss him. Peter quickly melted into the gesture and kissed him back closing his eyes.

When they parted he was staring into the other's eyes before going red. "Let's go inside."

"We could also stay here for a while." Wade put his hand on the other's leg and kissed him again.

After parting again Peter spoke up again. "Come on, MJ is probably already inside."

They went inside much to Wade's disappointment. Though he felt better feeling Peter hold his hand.

Harry opened the door for them and Peter hugged him. "Hey, been a while."

"Yeah." Harry hugged him back. "How have you been?"

"Pretty good. Oh, eh-" He moved back and gestured to Wade. "You told me I could bring a plus one so I brought my roommate, Wade."

"Hey." Harry looked at him and was taken aback first before shaking his hand. He then turned to the other again. "Come on in the rest is already there."

They followed Harry into the living room. Peter saw a lot of old classmates like Flash and Liz. Liz hugged him upon seeing him. "Petey, long time no see! How have you been?"

"Hey, I've been well. I got that job I talked about in high school, working with Dr. Octavius!"

"That's awesome. I remember you gushing about that." She smiled widely at himb3fore sitting down.

Wade did feel a little sting of jealousy but it immediately went away when the other took his hand and said hey to the rest before sitting down with him.

Peter never let go of the other's hand and sat close to him making their shoulders brush against each other. MJ looked at them suspiciously.

The others didn't seem to notice as they all shared some old stories about school. Wade enjoyed listening to it and holding the other's hand. He felt his heart flutter seeing him laugh.

"So, are you two dating?" Flash looked at Liz and Harry who have been all couple-like since the start of the night.

"Yeah." Harry smiled holding her hand. "We got together when I came back. We've been texting for a while though."

While they were talking about each other all lovingly Peter couldn't help but look at Wade. He gently brushed his thumb over the other's hand.

Wade looked back at him and smiled.

After a while of talking Harry bought out some alcohol. Wade skipped out on it knowing that Peter wouldn't like him drinking and driving even if his alcohol tolerance was high.

The rest took some drinks and Peter leaned more against the other.

As the night went on they slowly started to leave. Wade decided to give MJ a ride too as she was getting pretty drunk. He got them both into the car and questioned why he was the responsible adult in this situation. Not wanting them to get sick in his car he opened the windows for a while.

MJ was leaning against the open window while Peter was doing the wavy thing with his hand looking at it move.

Wade put on some music and drove to MJ's apartment building. She hugged them goodbye. He watched her get into the building and drove off.

"Can we get some food?" Peter was staring at him with his puppy dog eyes.

"Sure." Wade smiled and drove through a drive-through.

Peter happily dug into his food smiling.

The other drove them home and got out when he went to open the door for the other he found him asleep on the passenger seat, half-eaten burger in hand. Wade carefully picked him up before closing the car door and locking it.

He carried him upstairs and got in. After that, he carefully pulled the burger out of his hands and put it away before going to his room to tuck him in.

Just when he wanted to leave Peter woke up and grabbed his wrist. "Can you stay?"

Wade couldn't say no to him say he sat next to him on the bed. Suddenly he got pulled down into the other's arms. Sometimes he forgot how strong the other was.

Peter cuddled up against him smiling. He made small happy noises when the other put his arms around him.

Wade turned off the light. "Goodnight baby boy."
.
.
.

"Peter, hands out of my pants."