18

For the next few days, Peter was trying to get his strength back and stayed in bed. Well, most of the time, that was until he heard May was getting worse. So he stayed with her the whole time, sleeping next to her hospital bed, they had set up in the Feast center. The center had become a refuge trying to help the sick people. They even had some scientists from Oscorp there.

Wade tried to get him to go home but knew the other wouldn't budge. So he just kept bringing him food and reminding him to drink. He also managed to capture Electro. But Otto seemingly vanished.

Until one night Peter got a call from Yuri saying that they found him and that he destroyed the entire research for an antiserum before stealing the only vial of it. Peter immediately jumped up, knowing May needed the antidote quickly as her state was grim. "Otto, what are you doing?" He ran out of the building being able to put weight on his leg again. This was it. He had to put an end to it.

He started swinging to the Oscorp skyscraper where they located him just in time to catch Norman from falling to his death after Otto had dropped him. He sat him down on another roof. Before facing his friend.

"Give me the antiserum! Otto, you've worked your whole life to help people. Please-"

"You're fighting the wrong man." Otto attacked him.

Peter dodged. "We don't have the time!"

"I'll hand it over when Osborn faces consequences for his actions! His lies!"

The neural network was enhancing his rage and emotions but the hatred was real, it had always been there just slowly simmering until it boiled over.

"People are dying. They need the antiserum now!" Peter dodge his attacks for a while going back and forth with him until Otto grabbed his wrists with his claws destroying his web-shooters. Having the upper hand he also grabbed his head and slammed it against the floor ripping off part of his mask.

Now Peter was panicking. It hurt of course and he was still injured but all that was pushed down by the adrenaline. His real problem was that he didn't want the other to see his face. He couldn't-

"Such a disappointment, Parker."

Peter turned around his panic turning to shock. "You knew?" He felt his shock turn into betrayal. "You-" His voice filled with venom.

"I tried to warn you, Peter. But you didn't listen."

He looked at his broken web-shooters and the place Scorpio had stabbed him, knowing Otto let it all happen. He let them beat him to a pulp, let May get sick, May who had invited him into her home. Slowly but surely the hurt and betrayal turned into rage. "You knew!"

"I won't let you win. All those years feeling like a failure. This means too much to me."

"Not more than it means to me!" Peter hit him not holding back anymore. He thought he came to help a friend but oh how wrong he was. He punched through one of Otto's arms destroying it.

They went back and forth again Peter slowly gaining the upper hand. He knocked off Otto's glasses which wouldn't he have been so angry he would've made a comment about calling the ugly.

Otto retaliated and they eventually fell off the building fighting horizontally. Otto held on to the side with his arms while Peter used his powers.

"You look tired, Peter."

"Not tired. Just hurt."

Peter jumped on Otto's back trying to disconnect the neural network when the doctor slammed him against the building's wall trapping him with his arm. He tried to push it away but couldn't.