23

It was Christmas eve when Peter was having dinner at his childhood home with May. He hadn't really seen her since that day. The city had isolated the infected for a while before confirming they were okay.

He and Wade had put together a Christmas surprise. Wade was in charge of cooking and preparing a nice dinner while Peter set the table and decorated the place. MJ was invited too and brought some wine.

Peter went to open the door smiling. "Suprise!"

"Peter! Do you want to give me a heart attack?"

"Sorry-" He was pulled into a tight hug.

"We need to have a talk about that hero business of yours-" She was interrupted by MJ hugging her. Wade came up to her too.

"Hey, Mrs. Peter, I'm still corrupting your son. How's the heart? Too much of a surprise-" Wade got interrupted by Peter hitting his arm.

"Shut up, Wade."

"Make me." Wade stepped closer to him, putting his hand against his chest.

MJ got in between them. "No. Not again. Last time I went out with you two you made out in the toilette and I was left alone. So not again, not on Christmas."

"MJ!" Peter was horrified at his friend airing his dirty laundry in front of his aunt.

May just grabbed them and pushed them inside. "Now come on, we can embarrass Peter while eating. I am starving! Hospital food sucks."

"Well, beautiful you're in luck because I made the food." Wade headed for the kitchen bringing the food out and putting it on the table before giving Peter a kiss on the cheek and sitting down next to him.

Peter just found himself smiling like an idiot. Everything the other did just rendered him useless.

"So, how long have you two been together?" May grinned at her nephew. "Is he your boyfriend?"

Boyfriend? They never really talked about what exactly they were but that probably hit it on the head. "Yeah, Wade and I kinda got together while the whole Octavius thing was going on-"

"Oh right! I forgot about that. Are you alright honey?" May almost wanted to get up to check herself.

"Yeah, Wade made sure of that, after I got my ass handed to me multiple times I was put on bed rest." Peter rolled his eyes. "I was fine though."

"Of course you were."

"I was! I can handle myself-"

"Sweetheart, when you brought that antiserum you looked more dead than me." May smiled and then turned to Wade. "Thank you for keeping him in check. He is always so reckless and doesn't care for his poor weak aunt's heart, always jumping into danger."

"May!" Peter wanted to protest but got ignored.

"Of course, gotta keep my baby boy safe." Wade took Peter's hand who was still frowning. His face softened a bit at the contact though.

Over diner, they talked a lot mostly about easy stuff like MJ's play or Peter's new job at the Hell House. The topic of May knowing Peter is Spider-Man didn't come up. That was until they had finished eating and he went to wash up.

May joined him in the kitchen telling the others to stay in the living room. "Peter, honey?"

"Yes?"

"Could you stop cleaning for a second? I wanna talk to you."

Peter turned around quickly drying his hands. "Sure, is everything alright should I call the doctor?"

"Do the other two know?"