○ Chapter 08 ○

Logan jumps out of the car, slamming the door behind him

Logan jumps out of the car, slamming the door behind him. He paused for a moment, shuffling between his feet in the brisk air. I peel myself from the passenger seat, jumping out as well. Once my feet hit the pavement, Logan locks the car, and turns on his heel heading for the front doors.

His steps are faster than mine, making it hard for me to keep up with him. As he slowly pulls away from me, he weaves through the crowded lobby heading towards the elevator. Does he know which room we are in? I manage to slip in the elevator before the door shuts. Now my blood was boiling. Logan didn't have the decency to wait for me, even if he was mad at me.

I slammed my finger into the button for our floor. The screen dings with every level we pass. Logan took to one corner of the elevator while I stood as far away from him as possible on the other side.

The silence is deafening. Every nerve ending in my body is threatening to snap. How were we going to make it through the night?

My heart was racing with adrenaline, both from the anger and from chasing him through the hotel. When the elevator doors finally opened he never moved. I took that as my queue to exit, heading straight for our room. Logan wasn't too far behind me.

Once the door opened it felt like the emotions were going to explode out of me if someone didn't say something.

"I just really wish you would have asked me first." The sentence was gentle, but the tone I used to say it with was not. Logan looked at me with squinted eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know I needed your permission to decide something for OUR kids." His teeth were gritted, and every single word felt like they were trapped behind cage bars.

"You want to just decide everything from here on out? When you are gone we will just put everyone on hold and write a list, wait for your return and then make the decisions? Or do you want to be a team and work together and decide things together. When you are gone that's one story, but you need to get it through your head that you are back now." I threw my suitcase on the bed, opening it quickly, digging through it for some pajamas to wear.

My muscles were tired, ready to collapse from how much tension they were currently holding. Logan took a seat on the couch on the far side of the room, placing his hand over his head as if he was trapped in a sigh.

"Ari, look I'm sorry." He paused for a moment, leaning forward placing his head in his hands. "I didn't mean to undermine you. That was not my intention at all. I was just thinking about how nice it would be to have a night alone with my beautiful wife. I just spent the last three months under the ocean with a bunch of nasty dudes. I figured my parents could handle the twins for the night. I just wanted to put my sole attention on you."

The anger slowly crept away from my body. My shoulders were able to relax, and it felt like I was melting back into my normal self. Was I being unreasonable? It seemed to me like Logan was thinking about more than just himself. He wanted to spend time alone with me and that was something I just couldn't be mad at.