○ Chapter 26 ○

Page after page of web browsers, account after account on Instagram

Page after page of web browsers, account after account on Instagram. My eyes were starting to see double vision from all of the planning I had accomplished. Work this week was kicking my butt, but this morning we were finally able to get everything switched over to remote work.

Meaning I wouldn't have to go into the office until Logan returned from this next deployment.

This gave me yet another thing to look forward to. I'd rather work in the office than at home, that little moment of leaving my house was so crucial for me. Even that was being taken away from me. This was the right thing to do though, as I needed to be with Peter and Abby.

I needed to be with my family too, but that was just too much to ask for apparently.

"What are you working on?" Logan asks, placing his hand on my shoulder as I sit at my desk in our guest room. We may have a three-bedroom apartment, but there really wasn't much room for an in-home office.

"Trying to come up with different activities for the kids to do while I'm gone, and places we can go when I get back. Now that you've done a few deployments here, though, we are running out of ideas." I paused for a moment, pulling my list back up to show him. "Just need stuff to keep up busy on the weekend while you are away."

"Hey, that place looked really cool. I wanted to take the kids there." Logan points at the bug museum. My eyes shot towards his, and the slightest look of disappointment covered his face.

"We were going to go check it out once I got home from helping Peter and Abby," I mumbled, not really sure how to handle the situation.

"Ari, don't take them there. I want to take them there." Suddenly we were treating this like we were divorced parents and one of us had to win.

"What do you mean, I've never heard you mention that place?" I was thoroughly confused at his reaction.

"I've been so excited to take the kids there. I wanted to be with them the first time they went. But the damn military makes it almost impossible to do anything around here." He nearly growled, turning to walk about of the room as quickly as possible. He was genuinely hurt by this.

I closed out of the tab on my personal computer and shut down the laptop for work. Maybe we didn't need to go to the bug museum. That would be fine. It just means one more idea I would have to come up with the keep the kids entertained while Logan was away. My mother would do little craft like things with them, but they lived in a house and had lots more room than we did to play. The twins would probably just spend every waking moment they could outside, running around in the yard.

"Logan?" I called, waiting to hear a response, but there wasn't one.

We needed to talk about this and get it figured out. If there was something he didn't want me taking the kids to because he wanted that moment with them I needed to know, he didn't need to get mad about me about it though. But maybe he wasn't mad at me.