○ Chapter 12 ○

As soon as we got back to the hotel, Logan loaded all of our stuff up into the car and we hit the road, heading home

As soon as we got back to the hotel, Logan loaded all of our stuff up into the car and we hit the road, heading home. He didn't want to spend anymore time with his parents after the fight they had just had, so there was no reason for us to be in a hotel anymore. We could drive a few hours home and enjoy the rest of his time off after deployment together.

I couldn't say I was complaining, but I definitely wasn't happy with how everything went down.

I felt conflicted about the whole situation. I didn't want to spend any more time with his family than I had to, but I didn't want to be the reason for the strain on their relationship. I was so close to my parents that I couldn't imagine not having them in my life. Logan really showed that he wanted to defend me by not only calling his mother out, but removing us from the situation as well. I couldn't have been more proud of my husband, but that didn't mean my heart didn't heart as the thought of them fighting.

Peter was so shocked that the whole thing had gone down that way. He agreed with Logan's sentiments and also chose to leave when we rushed out. His wife Mandy had dealt with the same harassment from their parents for years. It was time they finally got a taste of their own medicine.

My body ached as I twisted in the bed, pulling the covers away from my body. You'd think that sleeping in our own bed last night would have helped ease the stress of the evening, but I spent the entire night tossing and turning, thinking that this was all my fault.

It wasn't my fault though, and I needed to remind myself that I wasn't to blame for this situation.

I shuffled to the edge of the bed, regretfully dragging myself from the warmth of the sheets with my husband. I needed to get started on the day before the kids woke up. It was Sunday and that meant the house needed to be cleaned; the kids prepped for school the next day, and the meals made for lunch for the week. I was thankful that Logan was home this week to help. After a trip, I always felt like I was behind and having that extra set of hands to help around the house would be nice.

I make my way to the kitchen, getting some coffee started on the coffee pot. Grabbing a small notebook, I began making a list of everything that needed to be cleaned. Logan's deployment laundry was still piling up in our hamper, and the kids had quite a bit from their busy week at grandma's as well. I'd have to start off with laundry before working my way to the bathrooms and then the other rooms would be after that.

I'd need to also make a grocery list for pickup, so we would have food to do the meal prep for the week. Just thinking about all of the chores had my body begging me to head back to bed. Sundays were busy days, as much as they were meant for relaxing, it was the only way I could make it through the week without having a meltdown.

Heading back to the bedroom, I grab the hamper that was overflowing before taking it across the hall to the laundry. Pulling the clothes out that smelled of that terrible amine smell first, making sure those got washed fast so we could finally move on from this deployment. Once that was started, I headed back to the kitchen to gather my cup of coffee. I needed to take just a few more minutes to myself before I was ready to tackle anything.