○ Chapter 19 ○

The computer and I met again on another simple Monday morning

The computer and I met again on another simple Monday morning. The kids were in school, and Logan was at work, even Sandra was sitting across from me. It was easy to get the kids out the door today, and Logan was finally back into his routine. We were all starting to settle into what our new life would be like, at least for the next few months.

School was going to end soon, and one day Logan would retire from the military and we would have the option to move wherever we wanted. There wouldn't be anything holding us to one spot anymore.

Sandra peeked around the edge of her computer to look at me, a large smile growing on her face.

"What?" I question, confusion probably covered mine.

"I'm all caught up on my emails now, so I'm bored. What's up? How's life going?" She placed her elbow on the table leaning against it, propping her head up.

"It's been good, really good actually. We haven't fought since just before our date." I looked at my own computer, confused at how she already had all of her emails answered for the day. Did she check them while she was at home? I had thousands that I needed to work through and it felt like I'd get one taken care of and three more would replace it.

"You mean the date you had on saturday?" I didn't like the tone she posed the question with. Yes, that's exactly when I meant, But considering Logan had been home a little over a month and a half now, and we'd had so many big blowouts it felt like a good accomplishment to have a few days under our belt. Even if it was just a few days.

"Yes Sandra, I mean the date we had on saturday." I wasn't sure I should add anymore to that. My mind was racing all over the place, emails, Sandra's conversation, and Logan.

"Did you guys have a good date? Were you able to talk about some of the things that have been bothering you?" I sigh as the questions start coming. I didn't want to focus on these dang emails. I slid my chair to the side so that I could see her better.

"Yes, it was an amazing date. It started off a little rocky, but in all honesty once we started getting into the deeper conversations it got better. I feel like we both have a better understanding now." I smiled, tapping my fingers on the desk.

"I'm glad you were able to do that. Dates are so important, and I wish my husband would take me on some more." Sandra and I got along so well because we were in similar phases of life. She had been married for a little over eleven years. Logan and I had been married just over ten. Her husband and she had two kids a few years older than Marcus and Mazie. Basically, everything in our life was similar, or the exact same, except for the biggest difference. Her husband was a civilian and mine wasn't.

Her husband was free to do what he wanted after he got off work, or on the weekends. They didn't have to get permission to travel more than so many miles. He could leave whenever he wanted, switch jobs whenever he wanted, they could live wherever they wanted.