○ Chapter 09 ○

"Hurry up or we are going to be late

"Hurry up or we are going to be late." Logan called from outside the bathroom. I drag the curling wand through my hair as quickly as I can, touching up some of the bouncy blonde curls around my face. Logan enters the bathroom, wrapping his hands around my body, placing his head on my shoulder.

"Damn, you are so beautiful!" His voice is a low growl that causes my nerves to jump on end. How can he do this to me with just the sound of his voice?

I feel the blush rush to my face once more. After last night, how could things get any better between us? Things started off rocky, but now I felt like I was on top of the world. My partner was back in my arms and I was so thankful to have him here.

"You are right. We better get going before you give me any other ideas." I mumbled, trying to keep the words to myself as best as I could. He had me feeling weak in the knees and if I didn't hurry, we would be stuck here all day.

"What other ideas?" Logan shouts, following me out of the bathroom as I primp my hair one last time in the mirror's reflection in the main hotel room. Before he can reach me, I grab my purse off the table and head towards the door. I flung it open to enter the hallway as it slowly fell shut behind me. He isn't far off my trail, grabbing my arm to pull me back into the room. "What...other ideas?"

His breath was much more raspy at this point, almost like he was just as desperate for me as I was for him. I couldn't help but smirk at him. His hands pulled me tighter into him, drawing me even further into our hotel room. If I wasn't careful, I was going to have that fresh out of bed look again, and I wasn't sure I would complain.

Logan's lips crashed against mine with a new hunger that pulled me in deeper. They trapped me like a fly on his web and there was no escaping. This was the end.

Before I could breathe once more, my shirt was over my head and my body was pressed up against the sheets. I was truly in a paradise.

~*~

"Finally, you guys decide to show up! What in the world took you so long?" Logan's mother whines as we get out of the car. We were delayed a little longer than we had expected to be with all of our rolling around, but I didn't remember setting up a time with her in the first place on when we would be back here.

"We are here now, Ma. No need to worry about it." I could feel the heat rush to my face once more when Logan wraps his arm around his mother, leading her back into the house. Once inside the home, there were two bouncing children, eager to see their father. I'd say they felt the same way for me, but it was quite apparent who they missed more when they dove into Logan's arms so fast I thought they were going to knock him over.

"Were they good for you guys last night?" I ask, turning to Logan's parents. I was hoping to just get an answer from either of them that showed I was standing in the same room as his family. They looked me over, their eyes dancing across my outfit as if they were military inspectors and my uniform was out of regs.