○ Chapter 18 ○

"What do you think about this place?" Logan shows me his phone, tilting the screen so I can see better

"What do you think about this place?" Logan shows me his phone, tilting the screen so I can see better. A house just up the road from us was listed, and he was currently in the photos of the kitchen. The white accents to the darker colored cabinets threw me off more than I had expected when Logan seemed excited about the home.

"I'm not sure I like that kitchen, but if the rest of it is amazing, then I could probably get over it." I pulled my mug to my lips, blowing away some of the steam from my coffee before taking a sip.

We were waiting for the kids to get back from their grandma's house, looking through some of the listings on our phones. The hopes would be to buy a house soon so we could get out of this tiny apartment.

"What do you have planned for the day?" Logan asks.

"I need to get all the weekly cleaning done today." I scrolled through a few more listings, not finding much of interest.

"Should we hurry up and knock it out, then?" Logan shrugged, "you know, before the kids get home."

I nodded, getting up from the couch, taking a few big gulps of my coffee. I grabbed the cleaning stuff from under the sink.

"Yep, if we divide and conquer, we should have it done in no time!" Turning some music on, I gave Logan a list of things he needed to handle and we went our separate directions, getting started on our tasks. The cleaning didn't take nearly as long this week as it had the last. Logan's help and the fact that the kids weren't home really helped us speed through everything.

By noon, we were sitting at the dining room table with our sandwiches in hand.

"Thank you so much for helping this morning." I let out a sigh. It felt good to be done and to have the rest of the day to do as I pleased.

"I'm glad I was able to help in a way that you needed help this week. Last week I thought I was doing the right thing, but it turns out I was hindering more than helping." I reached over to grab his hand.

"I very much appreciate it. Thank you so much." I smiled, squeezing gently.

We took a seat on the couch again. I had grabbed a book that I'd been dying to read for months and he just mindlessly scrolled on is phone, catching up on tons of things he's missed while he's been away. It amazed me how much happens in the world in three months. I would challenge any one of my friends to sit down and try to explain every single detail to someone they loved about the last three months. Not only just of their life but also of the world.

It's damn near impossible.

Life just moves on, and Logan I was living the moved-on version of this. He didn't know about any of the top news stories, or any of the best memes from the last few months. He would just slowly discover them for the first time based on internet comments and things the guys he worked with would notice. I couldn't imagine what it would be like to have to live like that. But it might be nice to rediscover the world in a whole new light. He wasn't getting the heated first draft; he got the revised version when people had calmed down. Maybe that would be better?