○ Chapter 07 ○

It only took me about twenty minutes but I was finally able to get all of the luggage up to the room

It only took me about twenty minutes but I was finally able to get all of the luggage up to the room. Running back and forth had left me winded, so once the door shut behind me I plopped down on the bed staring up at the ceiling.

My eyes felt heavy, laying here any longer would make me fall asleep. I slowly sit up on the bed, looking around the empty room. My chest felt heavy, like it was caving in all around me, the sudden desire to be with my husband was almost crippling.

I didn't know how to explain it. I wasn't sure how to let my friend's know what was happening with me. Sandra was always there for me when I needed her the most, especially in times like this where I took two weeks off of work. She would take over all of my tasks and make sure I didn't fall too far behind. Truly she was a godsend.

The office would always ask so many questions when I would return. They would drive me crazy. Did Logan do anything cool? Did you find out if he cheated on you are not? Are the kids excited to have him home? So many questions that just didn't even make sense. So many things I wasn' sure how to answer.

I grabbed the closest bag to me, pulling out a pack of peanuts before plopping them into my mouth. I wandered around the room, crunching away at the creamy deliciousness. How long could I really stand being here before I needed to go pick up my husband? Would he be mad if I took a little nap?

I glanced at the clock on my phone, it read half past ten. If I wasn't back soon I'm sure Logan would be questioning it. A shallow groan escapes my lips as I grab the keys to the car heading down towards the lobby. I would need to stop at a Starbucks on the way back.

~*~

"Did you guys have a good time at your grandparents house?" I asked, helping Mazie put her purple jacket back on. She nods her head vigorously holding up the sucker her grandma had given her just a few minutes prior. I could feel the nerves coming back. Who gives kids sugar this close to bedtime? Then again, what adult stops and gets coffee this close to bedtime as well.

"Of course you guys did, why wouldn't they? Everyone loves going to grandma and grandpa's house!" Logan's mother intrudes, stealing the conversation away, patting Marcus on the head. "But seriously they were angels like always." She smiles, her gray hair falling in her face, her weathered eyes searching for any sign of acceptance. I nod, forcing the best smile I could muster in the moment.

"Are you ready to head to the hotel?" Logan pipes in, warming my heart at the thought of him coming to my savior. He places his hand on the small of my back, electric sparks dancing wherever he touches. Shivers line my spine, dancing along my skin. I nod once more, mentally reminding myself that I was just doing my best to keep my neck strong, making sure to get in the proper amount of exercise.

The kids rush out the front door, barrelling down the sidewalk until they get to the car. Flinging the doors open they both hop in, giggles and squeals fill the night air. Logan's mother grabs him, pulling him into the tightest hug I'd ever seen. His father stands behind her, his hands in his pockets.