○ Chapter 05 ○

After lunch we head back towards the parking garage

After lunch we head back towards the parking garage. The rest of it went smoother. I told Logan about the news stories I could remember. Which celebrities died, and what laws were changed. I told him about his family and his sister's pregnancy announcement. That one he wasn't too happy about.

We talked for hours, getting to know all of the things we missed out on during those long nine months. He told me about things that happened on the boat, who he was mad at and would not be welcome to our summer barbecue. I roll my eyes as he lists the names off, realizing how many of their wives had helped me through our situation.

But I listened and I allow him to talk about whatever he needed to.

Once we make it back to the car, he takes the passenger seat. This wasn't normal for him as he always wants to drive. I pause for a moment, realizing what he was doing.

"You don't want to drive?" I ask, double checking myself before I open the drivers side door.

"No, I have a beautiful wife that drives really well, and honestly It's been nine months without watching you work a stick, I'm ready to see it." He winked, jumping into the car. My face flush a deep red, and part of me wants to gag. I love this man so much, and I couldn't help but laugh at his disgusting joke as we stand in the parking garage alone.

"You wish!" I cackle, opening the door and finally taking my seat in the car. "Don't say anything like that around the kids, everytime you come back they are older and know more things." He cocks his head toward me, leaning against the side of the door.

"Well then maybe you might just have to pull over somewhere so I can get this out of my system," He winks again and I could feel the emotions tingling inside my body. It'd been so long, and it was such a hard thing to just give up. But I pull out of the parking spot and send the car barrelling down the ramp until I can find a nice private spot for my husband and I to reconnect.

***

"Daddy!" The kids shout as they run through the field towards the car. The excitement in their voices was enough to make the whole thing worth it. They would always be able to go to the nicest school, have a safe home, and play at the safest parks thanks to Logan's job. We could live on base, or off base, it didn't matter. We were financially stable enough to support them in everything they needed.

Logan crouches down to get on their level as the two kids come rushing towards him, barreling like a bat out of hell, ramming into my husband knocking him onto the ground. I winced, looking up at the moody clouds that had been brewing on this side of town all day. Watching the mud as it covers the back of my husbands uniform.

"Shit." I muttered to myself.

I hadn't brought him a change of clothes this time like I usually did. So now he would have to sit on the emergency blanket that was in the back seat until we got home.