Chapter 1- The Caged Bird Sings Of Her Freedom

The Siren: Chapter 1-The Song of Sweet Death

"Sing again, Hari!" the man shouted with fury.

"I can't, my throat hurts and my voice is starting to go." Hari said with a tired and rough voice. However, the man, who was mad, just looked at her with a creepy face.

"You useless brat! If you can't sing, I won't have a choice but to punish you, even if you cough up blood. As long as you can sing and earn money, do you know how much I spent to raise you? You are useless if you can't sing. That's your only benefit."

Hari's father, driven by his insane obsession with her beautiful and angelic voice that can make people obsessed, treats her like a puppet tool, only using her for money. He doesn't care about Hari as his child or daughter.

Hari's father went insane when he heard her sing for the first time, so much so that he became obsessed with her voice and how he can use it to make money. He saw how her voice was able to make people obsessed, and he was ready to use it for his own twisted purposes, without a second thought towards Hari and her well-being.

In this situation, Hari, a 20-year-old woman, remains cool and collected as she looks at her insane father. She uses her rough and tired voice to say that her father did not raise her this way, and he immediately flies into an angry rage. His behavior is irrational and erratic as he shouts, "What? Did I raise you like this?"

He is shocked and bewildered that his daughter is not afraid of him, and instead faces him confidently. This only fuels his madness and anger, as he cannot understand why his daughter is not cowering in fear.

"That's right your ridiculous bahavior right now is--"

"Father, you never showed me anything, never even taught me a thing. You never loved me, never looked at me with loving eyes. How can you be my father? You cut my legs and locked me in this cage like a prisoner." Hari expressed her tiredness with a saddened and frustrated look on her face, challenging her father's behavior and expressing her sadness over being treated as a prisoner and tool. She cannot accept the fact that her father would treat her with such injustice and cruelty, and she wants him to see her as his own daughter"

Hari, feeling confident, expresses her disbelief over how she used to love her father, and now she is regretting her mistakes. As she looked at her stunned father, she smiled softly.

However, this gesture only seemed to make the father more furious. He grabbed her hair and shouted, "How dare you!" His anger and insanity only grew worse, as he saw his daughter gazing at him with an emotionless glare that made him tremble in fear.

Hari, with disgust in her eyes, shifted her gaze to her father's body and stared at him.

"You know, Father, I cannot believe I was sacrificed for someone as pathetic as you. You sacrificed me to satisfy the greed of those who know nothing but wealth and power. How stupid I was, I realize you're just a pathetic human being." She said, challenging his insanity and selfishness.

However, when her father began to hurt her, she glared at him and opened his lips as if to speak again. This action only fueled his anger and insanity even more.

"You're nothing but junk that belongs in the garbage. Are you really happy controlling your daughter, who knows nothing at all, with violence? It's beyond imagination the violence you've brought to me, still fresh in my memory." Hari's cold words pierced the irrational haze in her father's mind. He cannot believe that his puppet has become a wild animal, and he is suddenly filled with fear. His anger and madness start to wane, but it may be too late to fix the damage already done.

Hari, with new bruises on her body every night, begins to feel exhausted by the situation. She is terrified of her father, but she has endured his abuse for many years and is exhausted. She wants to find freedom and peace, and is tired of living in this terrible world.