Chapter 36 - Natsume's Birthday

The scenery shifted, revealing a melancholic woman gazing out of a window, her long and radiant silver hair flowing gracefully. Her fingers gently caressed her pregnant belly, while a profound sense of sadness pooled in her eyes.

Her words, spoken in a stunning and melodic voice, echoed, "Please, Shiki-kun, protect Yuka for me."

The man, his silver hair matching hers, responded with desperate and pleading voice. "What about you? You're pregnant! I cannot simply leave you in hell!"

The woman's voice rang out with fierce determination, "I would rather endure the depths of hell than allow my friend and her baby, as well as Izumi's child, to remain here in this hell!"

Shiki pleaded with her, "Sol, are you not thinking about yourself?"

With a resolute tone, Sol responded, "Trust me, Shiki-kun. I can't let my friend's ambitious bastard continue to control this academy. Moreover, I still have unfinished business to attend to within these walls."

"You'll stay here because of Rei, correct?" Shiki inquired

Sol shook her head, her voice filled with compassion, "Yes, that child, Rei—I know he didn’t intend for such an outcome. I cannot allow him to be manipulated by the elementary principal."

"Sol..." Shiki interjected, his concern evident.

"Don't fret," Sol responded confidently. "That bastard can't harm me because I know I'm his weaknesses."

The scene gradually changed a man and woman walking

Yuka inquired, "Are you pondering something?”

Shiki's voice trailed off, "Do you think that child looks like...?"

With a nod, Yuka responded, "Sol?" she then continued, "The first time I saw him, I knew she was Sol's child. Now, it seems we are intertwined, not only by our connection but also through our children For now, it would be best to bring these Alice to Narumi."

"Is that really okay to give that back?"

"I don't know..." Yuka replied with bitter smile

///

As consciousness dawned upon me, I found myself in a hospital room, greeted by Mikan's worried face.

She exclaimed, "Calliope, you finally woke up!"

My eyes widened as I noticed all my classmates gathered in my room, expressing their relief that I had regained consciousness.

The class representative spoke, echoing their sentiment, "We've been waiting for you to wake up, and now you've finally done it."

I gasped for air as I managed to speak, my voice weak yet determined. "Class rep, is your Alice there?"

The class rep nodded, her expression filled with relief as she replied, "I now possess my own Alice. Narumi handed it to me."

Sumier posed a question, wondering, "Hey, Calliope, why did you pretend to be mute all along?" With Mikan having explained the situation, there was no longer a need to keep up the charade.

I responded defensively, insisting that I was truly mute, claiming my voice had only returned days prior. However, I chose not to reveal the genuine reason behind it.

Mikan interjected, imploring, "Hey, don't stress Calliope, she just woke up!"

Curious, I inquired, "Where's Hotaru?"

Mikan provided reassurance, stating, "We have given her the antidote, and she is currently resting. You have been asleep for two days."

With a sigh of relief, I reflected on the discussions with Tsubasa, Natsume, and Ruka, reminding Mikan to keep my secret.