Chapter 39 - Masked Dance

Calliope sat in the corner, observing her friends while lost in thought. She pondered the enigma of love and romance. Having never experienced romantic love herself, she was baffled by the idea of what it meant to be in a relationship.

To her, love had always been synonymous with the love shared between friends and family. But this elusive emotion called romance remained perplexing and shrouded in mystery.

Calliope, still immersed in her thoughts, was surprised when Hotaru approached, offering her a plate of food and asking, "Are you okay?" Hotaru sat down beside her.

Startled, Calliope blinked a couple of times before mustering a faint smile. "Ah, Hotaru," she said softly, her gaze shifting from the food to her friend's friendly face. "I suppose I'm just a bit lost in thought hehe.."

Hotaru studied Calliope closely as she took a bite of her food, her gaze piercing and observant. Abruptly, she asked, "Are you hiding something?"

Her words carried a weight of concern as she added, "Don't bear the burden of a secret alone. If it's weighing heavily on you, please confide in us. Remember, you don't have to face any secret alone." Hotaru's face took on a bittersweet expression, hinting at personal experiences that shaped her sincere advice.

Calliope's eyes widened as she listened to Hotaru's heartfelt response. The certainty in her voice resonated with an undeniable truth.

"You know sometimes I'm scared I'm scared tht if I tell you you both and mikan won't be friend of me" Calliope says she's talking about being mute that she hide both of them

Hotaru's reassuring words cut through any doubt and fear that Calliope might have harbored. "Why wouldn't I?" she said, her voice filled with unwavering loyalty.

"No matter what happens, I would always choose to be your friend, and the same goes for Mikan. Together, we promised that you and I will remain best friends, supporting each other through everything until we grow old."

Calliope's lips quivered a bit as she spoke, her words tinged with sincerity. "Hotaru, I feel immensely fortunate to be friends with both you and Mikan," she began.

But her tone changed, her cheeks coloring with a slight blush as she added, "And if I were a boy and you were a girl, I would undoubtedly confess my feelings to you."

A giggle escaped Hotaru's lips as she considered Calliope's words. "Is that just a joke?" she asked, a tinge of playfulness in her voice.

Calliope's lips trembled briefly before she responded with sincere determination. "No, I'm being serious," she replied firmly, her words laced with a hint of vulnerability.

"Let's me and you and mikan remain friends even in the next life," she emphasized, her eyes meeting Hotaru's as she smiled

Hotaru's eyes widened, her words carrying a newfound determination tinged with a touch of trepidation. "If it's you . . . ," she began, her voice trailing off momentarily. "I'll do anything then," she restated, her resolve solidifying.

There was a newfound sense of commitment in her expression, a willingness to move mountains for Calliope if necessary. The depth of her words held a hint of sacrifice and devotion, echoing with the same intensity that drove Hotaru to cross timelines for Mikan's happiness.

Calliope encircled Hotaru in a warm embrace, her arms tightening around her. As she held her close, a silent determination burned within her.

'No, I won't let you make such sacrifices in this lifetime,' Calliope thought

In that embrace, a silent promise was made. Calliope would do everything in her power to ensure that both Hotaru and Mikan would find happiness without any sacrifice on Hotaru's part.