Chapter 52 - Reach The Light From Darkness

Mikan, still holding onto Calliope's hand, looked at her with a sweet expression.

"Can I call you Cali?" she asked softly.

Calliope smiled gently in response, replying, "Feel free to call me that whenever you want."

The conversation continued as Hotaru joined in, her hand resting on Calliope's hand as well.

"You told us you lost your memory because of shock," Hotaru began, her eyes fixed on Calliope's. "Is that why you became mute?"

Calliope nodded in affirmation, her thoughts momentarily stirred by the question.

"Yeah, that's right," she confirmed. "I lost my memory due to the shock and it caused me to become mute."

Despite the initial pain and hardship, Calliope found a silver lining in her amnesia. She continued, her voice warm and sincere.

"But thanks to it, I got to meet both of you."

Calliope mustered up a smile, hiding the tumultuous emotions within her. She didn't want to burden her friends with the truth about her past suffering, or the heartache of losing her mother.

"I am grateful indeed," she said softly. "Both of you extended your hands to me, even when I was mute and constantly bullied. It was a miracle."

Mikan eyes widened as tears flows to her eyes.

"Calli, I promise that no matter what happens, we will always be by your side."

Mikan's voice quivered with teary eyes as she made a heartfelt promise.

Her voice filled with determination, Mikan continued, "The three of us will graduate from here, and we will have a happy life together outside."

"I hope so too," she replied. "I truly hope that the three of us can do just that. Graduate and lead a happy life together outside."

Calliope's smile widened as both Mikan and Hotaru beamed back at her. Her heart was filled with gratitude for their presence in her life.

Hotaru's voice rang out with determination, her words filled with hope.

"Let's run towards the future," she declared.

Both Mikan and Calliope wholeheartedly

"I'm all in," Calliope concurred, her determination unfaltering.

"We'll run towards our future side by side." mikan declared

'Let's reach the happy ending!' Calliope thought as the three of them laughed and run together with full of happiness.

///

Natsume remained quiet, his attention focused on the small red pouch in his hands. Ruka and Haru's voice interrupted his thoughts as he called out to him.

"Natsume," Ruka said, approaching the tree where Natsume sat.

"It's nostalgic to see you here." Haru stated

Natsume looked up and watched as Ruka and haru attempted to climb the tree, joining him in their former spot.

"What are you doing?" Ruka asked curiously, climbing up.

Natsume abruptly tucked the red pouch into his pocket as Ruka and hadu approached him. He offered his hand to help Ruka climb up, ensuring his friend didn't slip.

"both of you Careful," Natsume said, a hint of amusement in his voice. "You miss being a no-star, don't you?

Ruka, flushed with effort, responded with a sweatdrop, "Mu..muka."