Chapter 42 - New Year Day

BEFORE CLEANING DAY
DECEMBER 25, 12:00 PM CHRISTMAS BALL

In the midst of the Christmas ball, Calliope was led out to the balcony by Mikan. As she opened the door, she was greeted by a surprise—a group of friends with a birthday cake, balloons, and decorations.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALLIOPE-chan!" her classmates shouted, their excitement palpable. The surprise party spread around the balcony, the cake and balloons decorating the space.

Calliope blinked, a soft smile playing on her lips. "Wow... thank you, everyone. I had no idea you all knew"

Mikan explained, a bright smile on her face, "Of course we knew! Hotaru and I planned this, waiting until midnight to celebrate your birthday today!"

Hotaru and Mikan chimed in together, "Happy birthday, Calliope."

Calliope smiled warmly, gratitude shining in her eyes, "Thank you... I truly appreciate it. I'm so happy to celebrate it with all of you today..."

Sumier playfully pleaded, "Hey, stop making me cry!" as Calliope chuckled.

Hotaru took the cake and leaned in closer to Calliope. "Make a wish," she said.

Calliope nodded, closing her eyes and clasping her hands together, silently making her wish.

Calliope closed her eyes, silently wishing in her mind:

'I wish for happiness in this story. May we all walk the flowery path, and may everyone find their own happy endings until the end.'

With a soft blow, the candle flame extinguished, carrying her silent wish into the air.

The group of friends cheered as the candle was extinguished, their voices blending in a chorus of celebration.

"What did you wish for?" Tsubasa asked, curiosity in his eyes.

"Yeah, tell us!" Mikan eagerly chimed in, leaning closer to her.

Calliope replied with a mysterious smile, "It's a secret."

Her friends laughed at her playful response, accepting her decision to keep the wish hidden. They continued to celebrate her birthday, filling the night with joy, laughter, and unwavering happiness.

///

The students of Gakuen Alice gathered in the dormitories, coming together in the dining hall for a splendid feast to welcome the New Year's Eve.

"Wow, so cute!" Iinchou and other male students exclaimed with joyous cheers as the girls entered the room. Dressed in the kimono outfits provided by the academy, they had become even more radiant and attractive.

Two styles of kimonos were donned by the girls, both dark and light. Mikan, Nonoko, wore the lighter kimonos, while Calliope, Hotaru, Sumire, and Anna opted for the darker ones.

But then Sumire squeals and blushed fangirling at the sight of Natsume and Ruka and haru who looks stunning in their own dark and light kimono

Iinchou, Koko and Mochiage wear the light kimono while Kitsuneme and Youichi are wearing the dark one.

A squeal of excitement and blushing fangirling escaped Sumire as her eyes landed on Natsume and Ruka and Haru wearing their respective dark and light kimonos, looking more charming than ever.

Among the male students, Iinchou, Koko, and Mochiage were wearing the light kimonos. On the other hand, Kitsuneme and Youichi donned the dark kimonos, adding a touch of contrast to the overall ensemble.

On the first day of the new year, everyone is chatting while having new years dishes at On the first day of the new year, everyone gathered together in the dining hall, enjoying traditional New Year's dishes. Mikan felt a sense of gratitude, as the new year was the only time when there were no differences between star ranks and in the food served.