Chapter 35 - Accepting The Changes

The man sat on a chair, and there were several men surrounding him. I silently contemplated that it would be easy to defeat them all with a single song. However, I decided to stick to the story.

Suddenly, I noticed the man with silver hair, Masachika Shiki, and realized he was the third male lead. He was the one who held affection for Yuka, Mikan's mother.

Thinking so, I realized the plot was still progressing as expected.

"This kind of child is a Black Cat, huh?" the old man in the chair asked, scrutinizing Natsume.

Natsume retorted with a frosty tone, "What do you want from us?"

A tense atmosphere hung as Natsume engaged in a conversation with the old man, while I remained quiet, contemplating.

The old man commanded, "That actually. Shiki-kun, go ahead and take the first shot to examine their power level."

Suddenly, a door opened, and a woman who bore a striking resemblance to Mikan emerged. It was Yuka, her mother. The tension in the room escalated.

The old man's smile widened as he regarded me with a sinister gaze. "How about you try your powers on the girl over there?" he proposed.

I clenched my fists with determination, watching as Shiki closed in on me. However, Natsume stepped in front to, his icy glare aimed at Shiki.

"Don't even think about laying a finger on her," Natsume warned, his tone laced with a dangerous edge.

"Get out of the way if you don't want to die," Shiki declared, his voice laced with a chilling menace.

As Shiki issued a defiant statement, Natsume stood his ground.

"I won't be moving anywhere. If you touch a single hair on her head, you're the one who'll end up dead."

Natsume's voice resounded,

"Are you still stubborn?" Shiki remarked as he closed in, but Natsume retorted with a fiery rebuttal.

"You underestimate me."

With a swift motion, Natsume hurled a flaming orb at Shiki, creating a barrier between us and the advancing threat.

Mikan burst through the door and rushed toward us.

"Senpai, Calliope-chan, Natsume, Ruka-pyon..." she mumbled out of breath. Tsubasa urgently yelled, "Mikan, don't come closer!"

However, a man suddenly appeared behind Mikan, causing alarm. I swiftly raised my hand, using my powers to freeze the intruder as natsume put a fire barrier protecting us with them

I took a deep breath, noticing Natsume looking weakened from shielding us. A question echoed in my mind, 'Why are you protect me the most?'

I mumbled silently to myself, 'You shouldn't be protecting me...' I recalled the time when I received no protection, biting my lip tightly.

The old  man spoke up, addressing Shiki and Azumi.

"Shiki kun, Azumi kun, our opponents are just kids. How much longer will we remain this passive?" he declared.

Shiki teleported behind Ruka, seizing him in a binding grip, and Natsume and I fixated our attention on Ruka. But we quickly recognized it was an illusion as the image vanished, and Shiki swiftly snatched Mikan.

"Mikan!" Tsubasa yelled, expressing his concern.

The elderly man remarked, "These little kids are truly foolish." as he added

The elderly man declared, "For you all, this child's nullification represents your sole chance against my alice."

As he removed his glasses, the old man directed his gaze at Tsubasa, rendering him his legs became stone and paralyze