Chapter 6- Nice To Meet You

The Siren Song: Chapter 6- Nice To Meet You

The boy with orange hair and golden eyes looked out from the window and into the woods. 

"The northern woods are quite dangerous though," Haru said.

"They're the ones who want to go," Natsume replied, not looking up from his manga.

"But you're the one who challenged them," Haru retorted.

"Haru-kun, she's only a temporary student," Sumier said.

"Is that so?" Haru replied. "Then I should watch."

"Where are you going?" Ruka inquired.

"I'm going to watch that child," Haru replied. "See if she has an Alice."

Suddenly, Haru-kun felt a strong urge to jump out the window to spy on the new student, but Ruka's question stopped him in his tracks, her voice dripping with concern.

"Haru," Ruka scolded. "You shouldn't interfere with the new student."

Haru shot her a defiant look. "It's dangerous there."

Natsume rolled his eyes, exasperated. He couldn't believe that Haru was so eager to spy on the new student simply to check if she had an Alice.

"Haru..." he admonished. "You can't just go out to the woods to watch the newcomer just because you're curious if she has an Alice."

Natsume's voice was firm, but the concern he felt for Haru's safety was evident.

"Oh come on," he rebuked. "You know the northern woods are dangerous. I'll watch them if they have or not."

And with that, Haru jumped out the window and into the northern woods.

 ///

Mikan looked around in bewilderment. "What is this? Just what is this place? And why is this teddy bear moving?"

"Let's see if there are any wires that connect to a remote control?"

Mikan couldn't help but feel intrigued by the peculiar teddy bear, so she knelt down and examined it closely, feeling around to see if it had any hidden wires or was solely powered by magic.

"Hmm...no wires connecting it to a remote," Iinchou observed. "I guess it really can move on its own. But it's so cute!"

Mikan's eyes sparkled as she looked at the teddy bear, feeling a sense of joy and childishness wash over her. She reached out and gently held its hand.

Suddenly, the class rep exclaimed in a trembling voice, "Mikan-chan!!"

"I-I-it's a g-good idea if you step away from that stuffed bear!" the class rep stammered, her expression filled with concern.

Suddenly, the teddy bear's eyes glowed, and it punched Mikan away.

"Mikan-chan, are you alright?!" Iinchou exclaimed. "That teddy bear is Mr. Bear, also known as the forest guardian, the strongest bear ever!"

Mikan looked puzzled, her confusion clear on her face. Just then, Calliope rushed toward her.

"Mikan are you Alright do you want me to carry you?"

"I'm alright"

Mikan replied but suddenly the bear  bear headed toward to caliope

Caliope's eyes widened as she felt the teddy bear move closer towards her. She wasn't sure if she should be scared or if she could trust Mr. Bear now.

"Mr. Bear?...Huh? What are you doing now?"

Calliope looked at the teddy bear with a confused expression.