Chapter 50 - Your Not A Monster

The scene changed as Calliope wiped the tears from her cheeks, attempting to compose herself.

"Ah, are you crying?" Aoi inquired, her concern evident on her face as she held the cage.

Calliope looked up at Aoi, her eyes watery but her resolve stronger than ever.

Calliope's voice trembled as she apologized to Aoi, clutching her hand through the cage.

"Why are you sorry?" Aoi asked curiously, her voice tinged with confusion, despite her blindness.

Tears streamed down Calliope's face as she spoke, her voice wavering,

"I'm sorry for forgetting you and everyone..."

"Aoi's voice held a puzzled tone, as she inquired, "Huh... who?"

Calliope opened the cage, her gaze fixed on Aoi.

"Escape here..." she urged, her voice filled with determination.

Aoi held her chest, expressing her own feelings, "I can't... I'm here to cure my eyes, and Persona is taking care of me. Even if I don't fully understand what you're saying, please don't say anything bad about Persona. He's a kind person, but he's poor..."

Calliope's eyes widened in surprise as Aoi explained that this place was Persona's childhood home, filled with pain and suffering. Aoi spoke of helping him overcome his fears, considering him her only friend.

Calliope looked at her, recalling how Aoi had once always smiled for Natsume. But now, the Aoi standing before her wore a solemn expression, devoid of joy.

Calliope swallowed nervously, her heart heavy.

"Aoi..." she began, but her voice trailed off as she listened to Aoi's determination.

"I don't want to leave him. I don't want to leave Persona. I want to make him happy too..." Aoi explained, her words filled with determination.

Calliope's realization dawned on her. Things really had changed, yet the original plot still seemed to be unfolding. But she wondered, would these characters still remain the same despite her interference?

Calliope's heart filled with a mix of emotions, feeling the weight of the situation.

"But, Aoi..." Calliope began to speak, her voice filled with concern.

Aoi looked at her, her determination unwavering.

"I know it won't change my mind."

Calliope clenched her fists, her eyes meeting Aoi's determined gaze.

"I will make you change it. I will make you remember the faded memories…" Calliope asserted firmly, her determination clear.

"Huh?" Aoi responded, looking puzzled.

As Calliope began to sing, a soft melody emerging from her lips, the air grew heavy with magic.

"The sun rising, the sun is here…"
"Lost memories I seek to find…"
"Close the dark and bring the light…"
"Find the memories within your mind…"

Aoi was taken aback by Calliope's song, sensing the magic in the air.

"What is this..." she whispered, her voice filled with a mix of curiosity and confusion.

Calliope continued singing, her voice growing stronger,

"Unlock what has been hidden deep within,
" Discover the truth that lies beyond the scenes."

Aoi's eyes widened as the words of the song echoed in her ears, her mind filled with a mixture of incredulity and intrigue.

"This feeling..." she murmured, her voice trembling slightly.