Chapter 16 - Let's Help Each Others

"Huh?" Calliope responded with a puzzled expression.

Reo exclaimed in disbelief, "Unbelievable, you look so much like her!"

Calliope's mind swirled with confusion as she pondered his words. 'Who is this woman I supposedly resemble?' she wondered silently.

"Hah, but I don't remember that woman having a child at all," Reo mentioned, turning away.

Calliope mentally rolled her eyes and thought to herself, 'Is he even thinking straight?'

"Reo instructed, "Study more information about the woman who disappeared 10 years ago, the Black Cat and White Fox. We might have something unexpectedly valuable on our hands." With that, he walked away.

Natsume, speaking in a weak voice, addressed Mikan and Sumier. "When I give you a signal, run as fast as you can toward that door."

Mikan protested, "But what about you two?"

Calliope chimed in, "Mikan and Permy, do as he says. You need to make your escape while their attention is elsewhere. Run like hell."

"Once you start running, don't stop, no matter what," Natsume instructed. "If either of you find a way to inform the academy about this place, do it."

Mikan responded, "Wait, don't tell me you two can't run in your condition."

Calliope, turning to Natsume, assured her, "We have a plan, don't worry."

As she spoke, Calliope's appearance transformed, revealing sparkling brilliant silver hair, mesmeric blue and purple eyes like the night sky, and a breathtakingly beautiful, porcelain visage that was impossible to forget.

"What are you staring at?" Calliope asked casually.

Mikan exclaimed, "A fairy?" as she took in Calliope's appearance.

Suddenly panicking, Calliope realized she wasn't wearing her mask and her face was exposed. She said with a pitiful tone.

"Do I look that ugly?"

Mikan vehemently disagreed, saying, "What nonsense are you saying? To my eyes, you're the most beautiful in the world!"

"Ah, it's that so? " i said with sweatdrop

"Ah, is that so?" Calliope responded, sweating a bit.

Natsume interrupted, stating firmly, "Enough with the nonsense, we need to rush!"

Calliope's sensitive sense of smell picked up explosives and chemicals nearby, and she shared her observation. "It seems like there are two houses to the south, and I can smell a bunch of explosives and chemicals. Let's do it now!"

In her mind, Calliope acknowledged that her ability as a siren gave her a strong sense of smell, so there was no need for Permy to transform into a cat.

Natsume counted down, "Okay, 1...2...3, go!"

Mikan and Sumier bolted towards the door.

"Stop them!" Reo shouted, but Calliope managed to hide herself.

Natsume threatened, "Let them be, or I'll burn you all!"

Reo retorted, "What are you talking about? You don't have the strength to ignite a house that far away while you're inside this barrier."

Defiantly, Natsume replied, "But I do. Do you want to test me?"

 Do you want to test me?"