Chapter 20 - The Piece of the Past

A girl with long, black hair suddenly appeared before them. She looked no older than ten years old, her petite frame wrapped in tattered and dirty blankets.

Her once rosy complexion had given way to a sickly pallor, and her face was emaciated, the once round cheeks now sunken.

In her frail grasp, she held a tattered manga, her fingers long and thin, almost skeletal.

The room surrounding her was a mess, dust and filth coating every surface, resembling a makeshift trash zone.

The wall was partially demolished, with roaches and rats scurrying across the exposed area. The bed, old and threadbare, sat in the corner, the blankets torn and filthy.

'So cold...' the girl thought while peering through the small window at the falling snowflakes.

Suddenly, the door creaked open, and a maid entered. "Your father is calling you," she announced, eyeing the silent girl, "Hari."

Hari nodded in acknowledgment, rendered mute by some mysterious circumstances.
Sophia, a siren fairy, had been administering potions to Hari since birth.

Drinking the potion made her speechless, leaving her unable to utter a single word.

This even prevented her from coughing.

Sophia had offered these potions not out of malice, but from a misguided notion to protect the child, a twisted attempt at shielding her from danger.

///

That night, Hari summoned the courage to approach her father's study, gripped by a mixture of fear and trepidation.

Her knuckles rapped softly against the door, a subtle knock announcing her arrival.

"Come in."

Hari took a deep breath, forcing a smile to mask her growing dread.

As she opened the door, any expectation she held for a joyous surprise was shattered. Instead, her father greeted her with a cold, hellish reception.

Her father's steely command echoed in the room. "Hold her." A maid promptly seized hari's arm, their grip unyielding.

Hari attempted to pull away, desperately trying to break free. She could barely manage a faint "kk..." in response, a desperate attempt to object.

In stark contrast to her quiet whisper, her father's voice boomed, cold and harsh. "You're a pathetic failure who should've never been born!" he shouted as he beated her

She trembled with fear, paralyzed, as though face-to-face with a horrifying monster.

Her weak protests, limited to a feeble "k..k..," died on her lips.

The beatings became a regular occurrence whenever her father was in an ill temper, and blamed her from everything or it was punishment when she did something wrong.

"you useless thing you can even speak! "

she have to be beaten and cursed by her own father