Chapter 19 -Choosing a Slave

Natsume PoV:

Natsume's perspective:

As I glanced at the unknown man, a wave of irritation washed over me. The sight of the bunny girl clinging to his arm irritated me even more.

"Let's go, Ruka," I said with a hint of indifference.

Unable to shake the nagging feeling, I turned my head, stealing another glance at the mysterious man. He was now messing with the rabbit girl's hair, and she was smiling at him. The sight was both bothersome and infuriating which make feel weird

Kokoroyomi chimed in, "It looks like fun, why not give it a try? I've even managed to score you a ticket, Natsume."

With a hint of arrogance, I retorted, "As if I'd waste my time playing some foolish game."

The bunny girl, her expression becoming serious, fired back, "Hey, Pervert black cat, don't be so quick to dismiss the game. You'll regret it if you do."

I met her gaze with a glare before responding, "And why should I regret it?"

Her expression turned vacant as she shook her head.

In my thoughts, I muttered, "Stupid rabbit."

The dark-blue-haired man smirked and said, "Well, if it's truly a stupid game, beating it should be a piece of cake for you, right?"

He leaned closer, and the sight of his dark blue hair grated on my nerves, fueling my irritation.

///

Natsume, having grown irritated, picked up a weapon from the box, finding himself with a mechanical cockroach. As he reached the entrance of the maze, he shot a glare at Tsubasa, his expression menacing.

"Keep your hands to yourself, bastard," Natsume warned.

Tsubasa, taken aback by the sudden threat, questioned, "Huh?"

"Once I beat this damn game, you'll be my slave," Natsume declared with a glare that sent a shiver down Tsubasa's spine.

Tsubasa sighed, realizing he may have pushed Natsume a bit too far.

Within thirty seconds, Natsume encountered a pathway lined with mirrors in all directions.

"Mirrors," he muttered aloud, glancing around.

Suddenly, a girl emerged from a mirror and swiftly seized the mechanical cockroach from Natsume's grasp.

"Hah! I stole your stuff," she triumphantly declared.

The girl explained the challenge, stating, "Here's your task - try taking it back from me within thirty seconds, but no hurting me or the mirrors allowed!"

Natsume observed her movement within the mirrors, a quizzical expression on his face.

"She's in the mirror...?" he muttered to himself, contemplating the situation.

The girl continued, "If you can manage that, you can proceed." She then started to move about freely within the mirrors, encircling Natsume.

The girl smirked and stated confidently, "But I doubt you'll ever succeed. I possess the Alice that grants me free movement within the looking glass!" She then chuckled, preparing to start counting down.

However, as the girl held the cockroach in her hand, she suddenly screamed in disgust and hastily tossed it back to Natsume.

She retreated into the safety of her mirror, her face turning pale, horror etched on her features. "What the hell did you bring?" she exclaimed. "Get that thing away from me!"