Chapter 18 - RPG Aladdin And The Magic Lamp Pt 2

The Siren Song: Chapter 18 - RPG Aladdin And The Magic Lamp Pt 2

Calliope, lost in her thoughts, pondered how to draw in more customers. Suddenly, her attention was diverted as she spotted Sumier, Narumi, and Ruka approaching the special ability class.

"Oh, I think you're our first customers!" Narumi exclaimed with a smile.

Calliope's eyes widened in surprise as she recognized the familiar faces. "Narumi-sensei, Ruka-pyon, and Permy... are you all here to play?" mikan inquired

Sumier's retort was blunt, mentioning the proximity of the special ability class area as the primary reason for their visit.

"Tch, this is the only thing close to our sometic type area. We're just killing time, alright?"

Ignoring Sumier's comment, everyone's attention shifted to Ruka's adorable bunny ears and Permy's feline ones.

Mikan chimed in, complimenting their adorable appearance. "Aww, Ruka-pyon, you look so cute with those bunny ears! And Permy, those cat ears suit you too!"

The waitstaff at the teahouse known as "Alice's Tea Party" was dressed as March and Cheshire Cat, adding a playful touch to their roles.

Giggling at Sumier's expense, they commented, "The Cheshire Cat? Ah, I see why she's called that. Must be because she resembles Alice's dog-cat."

Sumier's remark was biting as she retorted, "Hmph! How dare you lecture me about shame when you're the one with your belly button showing! Have you no decency?"

As Sumier redirected her annoyance towards Mikan, everyone fell silent momentarily.

Mikan, unfazed by the comment, beamed with excitement and gestured towards herself.

"Tada! I'm the spirit of the lamp!" she announced cheerfully.

"Don't you mean genie?" Calliope corrected, a sweatdrop forming on her forehead.

As she turned to look at Ruka, she noticed the boy blushing profusely at the sight of Mikan in genie attire.

A realization washed over Calliope as she thought,

'Ah, so this is what we call a 'boy falling in love' moment. Does that mean Ruka has feelings for Mikan now?'

Mikan, blissfully unaware, posed a question to Ruka. "What do you think, Ruka-pyon?"

"Ruka?" Mikan repeated, awaiting his response.

Calliope watched the scene unfolding before her thoughts strayed to the future.

'I feel bad for Ruka... In the manga, Mikan and Natsume end up together. But I rooted for him and Hotaru.'

Her mind shifted from one relationship to another.

'But now it seems my ship has changed. Haru and Hotaru complement each other well though... What will happen if Mikan ends up with Natsume? What about Ruka?'

Calliope's thoughts took a contemplative tone.

'Love triangles are tough because you're forced to choose between two people who love you. Whichever one you pick, the other one will be hurt.'

She murmured, "How cruel is that?"

///

Narumi voiced her question, asking about the nature of the "Aladdin and the Magic Lamp RPG."

In response, the game's details were explained to him.

"The game basically involves the player assuming the role of Aladdin, navigating a maze filled with S.A. class members portraying genies. The objective is to defeat each genie and reach the goal."