Chapter 38 - Christmas Ball

DECEMBER 24TH

- 3:00 PM -

"Teacher Aimi," Calliope began, her voice filled with curiosity. "Why can't the academy let you go? Why are you staying here?"

With frail grace, Aimi on her bed, her gaze fixed out the window where the landscape was adorned in beautiful snow. Softly, she responded, her voice tinged with melancholy.

"Well, I don't have a home or family waiting for me outside, so the academy has become my home," Aimi explained, her smile carrying a hint of bittersweet nostalgia.

Calliope's voice trailed off, a thoughtful murmuring escaping her lips.

"I see..."

With a gentle curiosity, Calliope inquired, "The snowfall outside is lovely, isn't it?”

A sigh left Aimi's lips, a touch of melancholy hanging in the air.

"It's quite unfortunate," she lamented. "My sickness prevents me from fully indulging in the beauty of the snow."

A sudden shower of snowflakes descended upon the room, a gentle spectacle.

"Merry Christmas, teacher," Calliope sincerely wished, her voice filled with warmth. "I hope you enjoy these snowflakes."

Aimi laughed softly, a smile gracing her face as the icy snowflakes gently touched her skin.

"Thank you, Calliope," Aimi responded, her tone laced with genuine appreciation. The snowflakes danced around her room, creating a wintry spectacle that added a touch of magic to the Christmas spiritas the snows shower ended

"I have something for you too,"

Calliope announced, revealing a crystalline snow globe. Aimi received it with a gracious smile.

Changing the subject, Aimi inquired about Calliope's secret revelation.

"You mentioned revealing some secrets to your friends before," Aimi asked.

Calliope responded

"Ah, yes. We were in a crisis, so I unveiled the truth and they're my trusted friend that I trust so much" Calliope says as she smiled

As Aimi gently touched the enchanted snowball glove, admiring its beauty, Calliope offered a heartfelt reply.

A moment of gratitude filled the air as Calliope spoke, her voice tinged with appreciation.

"That's a relief," she uttered, her eyes still fixed on the snow globe.

"I'm grateful to have you here, enjoying the Christmas with me," Aimi continued, her words carrying a genuine warmth.

In turn, Calliope returned the sentiment, her voice filled with sincere appreciation.

"I'm also thankful to be here, spending this special occasion with you even thought tomorrow is Christmas"

Aimi brought up Calliope's upcoming birthday, prompting an acknowledgment from her.

"Ah, yes," Calliope affirmed, a hint of surprise on her face. "My birthday is indeed tomorrow. With everything that's been happening, I almost forgot about it."

Aimis suggested that they celebrate Calliope's special day, emphasizing the rarity of the occasion.

" It's quit rare ,"

Calliope chuckled softly, a fond memory resurfacing in her mind.

"My mother used to say that I was born on the luckiest day of her life," she shared. "She mentioned that she had always wished for a child and, unexpectedly, a baby was left at her doorstep. My mother perceived it as a blessing from heaven."