C6: I Have Done It Now

Lisa's POV

My face heated up from the interaction and backed away quickly. "Yeah, I am okay," I said shyly, casting my eyes to the ground. I really hope that I am not turning into a tomato right now.

He smiled gently. "That's good then." He said as he stood up again.

The Co-CEO cleared his throat awkwardly. "Yes, well... the CEO couldn't be present today, so the one standing here right now is his right-hand man, Jeon Jungkook."

So he wasn't the CEO? I exhaled, relieved. Damn, I thought he would fire me for sure... oh wait, he can still do that as the CEO's right hand.

I wasn't too rude to him, was I!? I still have to pay the rent for this month I can't afford to get fired! While I was being swallowed by my thoughts, Mr. Jeon stood in front of the microphone, clearing his throat to catch everybody's attention.

"Well, as you guys have heard, I am acting as a stand-in CEO as long as it's required. I know you are all still shaken up by the unfortunate murder that took place here a few days ago. We have lost three outstanding colleagues, may their souls rest in peace." He said that with a solemn face. "However, I'll do everything in my power to help and guide you guys so that our company won't fall down. I also hope that you guys will help and guide me in knowing the infrastructure of the company. If you guys have any questions, then don't be afraid to ask them."

Finishing his speech with his business-like smile, he received tremendous applause from everyone here. Everybody was in awe of Mr. Jeon's charisma. The words that he spew were full of dominance and leadership. I'm sure that everyone here was questioning themselves why he was not the CEO.

"Oh God, he is so hot!" I glanced behind me to see Binna and her clique squealing and giggling at Mr. Jeon's handsomeness. Not that I blame them, I mean, he is gorgeous, but unlike them, I can't be drooling because if I do there would be more heads rolling in the company.

"I bet I can make him fall for me in a week, just you watch." She said with so much conviction. She noticed me staring at her and grins at me.

I just shrugged and rolled my eyes as I turned my back on her again. Annoyed at my nonchalant behavior towards her, she clicked her tongue.

I've got no time to cater to her taunts.

I just kept my eyes on Mr. Jeon, who kept waving at us as he left the stage.

I felt a hot breath against my ear. "What was that?"

I shrieked at the unannounced presence behind me. "What the hell! You could at least make some warning sounds before approaching me like that," I said as I was grabbing on my chest, trying to control my sped-up heartbeat.

I shifted my eyes around me hoping that nobody has heard my shrieking voice, but there was no need to be worried seeing how the majority already had left the hall.

Rosé just kept silent, looking down at me squint-eyed.

I raised a questioning eyebrow. "What?" I asked.

"What was that?" She repeated her question, crossing her arms this time.

"What was what?" I asked, confused. Can she be any more confusing?

"What was that interaction between you and Mr. Jeon?" She asked.

I was lost for words. "Uh... an interaction between employer and employee?" I said, not even sure myself.

She tutted with her fingers. "No, no, no, that's not what it seemed like to me. It seemed like an interaction between acquaintances. How do you know him?"