C60: Shopping

Lisa's POV

Jungkook had brought me to an exquisite store a little outside the city. Looking from outside the shop at the mannequins that were placed behind the transparent window, dolled up and adorned with fabric that costed even more than my monthly house rent, it felt like even a strand of my hair would defile the shop. 

Despite my hesitation and refusal of entering the shop, Jungkook was still insistent and pushed me inside the shop where we were the only costumers. The price tags must have scared the customers away. I eyed carefully around the shop that seemed to sparkle as it was decorated with clothes of the latest trends and made of the highest quality. 

Seconds after me being in awe of the shop, the store manager let herself be known by gracing us with her presence as she entered the shop from the back door, graciously wearing a smile that was reserved for potential customers. 

Walking with her long high heels until she stood in front of us, she bowed her head slightly to us and introduced herself. "Welcome to my shop. I am Maria, the manager of this shop. How may I be of assistance to you?" 

Jungkook placed his hand on my waist and flushed me against his side. "I would like to buy some clothes for the lady here. Do you have some clothes that would befit her?" 

The woman raised her head back up, and her eyes darted to me. Her deep brown eyes gliding up and down as they took my appearance in and I felt a wave of shame wash over me as her eyes narrowed with judgment. I had worn the clothes that were covering my body multiple times, resulting in seams coming undone and loose threads sticking out of its hem. My whole appearance basically told the condition of my wallet. 

The store manager shifted her attention back to Jungkook and with a polite smile she said, "Dear customer, the clothes here are a bit on the pricey side, but if you have made an appointment, I will gladly assist you." 

Then, out of nowhere, a wad of cash got placed on top of the woman's hand. It was momentary, but her pupils shook in shock at the sight of the amount of money before masking her expression for being stoic again. 

"No, I haven't made an appointment, but I am sure that this should make up for it." Jungkook answered the woman formally, not reacting to her doubt filled words. "I will give you double the amount if you help us immediately." 

Like a businesswoman, her face lit up, and she placed the stack of money away. "My, certainly Sir! Please take a seat while I take care of some stuff." 

Promptly she strides to the entrance of her shop and turned the sign that was hanging on the door from 'open' to 'closed', so that no one else would enter the shop while she would attend to us. She then disappeared into the backdoor to come back again with some measuring tapes. 

I removed my coat to give the woman better access and hung it over the back of a chair. Jungkook leisurely took a place next to it, his legs and arms crossed over each other as his eyes were trained on me with a pensive look while the store manager of the boutique store was using a measuring tape to measure my waist. 

I stretched my arms out to the side, aligned with my shoulders and the woman, after finishing with my waist, wrapped the tape around my arm, concentrating on the small lines with numbers next to it before freeing my arm again to dot down the measurements on paper. 

"Okay," the woman breathed out as she had written everything down that was needed to be written. "Luckily, we still have clothes of the lady's size. Would you like me to show you what we all have in stock now or would you like for me to customize your outfit. In that case, I must add to it that it will take three days until its completion."