C48: Run Kitten Run! Pt. 2

A/N: Warning!: There will be a rape attempt. If you're uncomfortable by it, then please don't read the chapter. 

Lisa's POV

As soon as he yelled that, the sound of the alarm rung throughout the building. My heart was hammering against my rib cage as the adrenaline took reign over my body. I had to get to the basement and then... and then... and then what? I stopped running and pondered. Jungkook is in the basement, but how will I get there when all of those men are spread around the building and they are most likely carrying a weapon of their own, knowing their background. And would there be guards? Augh! Damn it! Of course, there will be guards! Who am I trying to fool!? 

I need something to protect myself with, a weapon, but where am I supposed to get that? My mind was buzzing for a way to protect myself. I looked around, my eyes only landing on a row of doors that let to other rooms. 

Maybe I can find something in one of the rooms? I wondered. Feeling the urgency of the situation, I just took my shot and open the doors one by one. I would curse under my breath whenever I visited a room to only come out empty-handed. 

The sounds of the building were playing tricks on my ears. My ears would confuse the clicking sounds of my heels with the heavy footsteps of the men. Every time I would close the door, my heart would leap out of my chest in fear that one of the men heard that. If I even assumed that I was hearing voices or footsteps, I would instantly duck under a bed or hide in a closet, holding in my breath only to release it again when I realize it was only my imagination. 

But luckily enough, I was able to search the entire floor without even bumping in to anyone. Opening the door that led to the emergency staircases, I glanced at the plate that was hanging on the wall. 

Furrowing my brows, I muttered under my breath. "30th floor." I groaned inwardly as I shook my head. Great, unwanted exercise. That's exactly what I needed and God forbid that any of those bastards are using the stairs. There was no way that I would take the elevator for fear that someone may enter it. Especially now that I know I am on the 30th floor. That means that I would have to hold my breath 30 times, praying that the elevator won't stop at any floor. No, thank you.

After brazing myself mentally, I ran down the stairs. I scooped out every floor and after a while I was on the 20th floor. Shock took over my face when I still had seen none of Casper's cronies. I am happy, but it's scarier when you don't know where your enemy could be hiding. 

Trudging down the hallway, I opened every door until I opened one that let me into an unfamiliar room than what I was used to. I was intrigued, not the least to say. No bed, no nightstand, no bathroom, only some few desks and bookcases were present in this room. 

I couldn't help but wonder why there was a room like that here. It was so random and weird. Mulling, I walked inside the room, closing the door behind me as I trudged to one of the desks; my hand trailing over the edge. 

Perhaps... is this a study room? I have heard of hotels which provide study rooms in case the parents come with their children who are still students. It can also be used as a place where you can take a breather. Kind of shocking to see this here when the owner of this building is a murderer. 

I glanced around the room, humming thoughtfully. Maybe I can find something here. I looked up to see if there were any cameras hanging around and there were. Even this room has a camera... great. I don't mind Jungkook watching me, but there's no guarantee that Casper isn't watching me, either. 

'Let's get rid of it.' 

I grabbed a desk chair that had wheels under it and drove it under the camera that was hanging in the back corner of the room. The next thing I did was grabbing a big, heavy book I wouldn't ever read and brought it with me to where the chair was. Raising up my leg, about to step on the chair, I lost my balance and fell back on my butt.